Any Experience with EZDOK V2 Software?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
mikec
Airman First Class

Any Experience with EZDOK V2 Software?

Post by mikec »

Hi guys.

Anyone using EZDOK V2? If so any "gotchas" you are aware of would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Any Experience with EZDOK V2 Software?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Mike,

I've been using version version 2 of EZdok for a while. It suffers the same issue as version 1 (conflicting "HotKeySelect = 4" entries) so some edits to aircraft.cfg files are required to use the pre-flight inspection views as A2A intended. However, the solution described in this thread seems to have a worse effect on the external EZdok aircraft cams than in version 1. To be honest, I haven't bothered experimenting much with this as EZdok version 2 still seems to be in continual development and I tend not to bother with the external cams anyway.

For what it's worth, the smart option for A2A customers now seems to be FSFX ChasePlane; mainly because Keven the developer has made specific efforts to ensure compatibility with A2A GA products as he described here. I still haven't got round to trying ChasePlane though... :P

Cheers,
Nick

mikec
Airman First Class

Re: Any Experience with EZDOK V2 Software?

Post by mikec »

Thanks Nick.

I installed it and it created a few headaches so I unistalled it. I gather from comments in other forums, other than the interface, it's not a real improvement over V1.

Sure makes life easier when creating camera views though.

I don't think I'll reinstall it; back to manual creation.

Thanks again.
Mike

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”