Quick life update

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
pilotman767
Airman First Class

Quick life update

Post by pilotman767 »

Hi all, just wanted to catch you up on what I've been up to lately.

One word: SCHOOL
I've been swamped with school work, mostly from one class, the professor of which I now hate with a passion. I have two tests, and 4 projects ALL DUE ON THE 13th OF APRIL!
Needless to say, holy *&$!-buckets

As far as Sim flying goes, I am again at a stand-still as I wait and save some money for a much-needed computer upgrade. My 3-year-old GTX770 is getting a little tired, and my hard drive sounds like death is immanent. Staying away from graphics-heavy stuff until I can properly upgrade and/or improve.

As far as real-world flying goes, I'm doing well! I just went up today in a Diamond DA-20 Katana for the first time (Tail #: N501E) :) She is notoriously hard to start, easy-as-pie to fly, and tricky to land. My instructor humorously demonstrated the recommended technique for towing, which involves straddling the tail and walking it around. I cannot make this up :P

Overall, life is pretty ok, and summer break is around the corner for me, which means concerts, comedy shows, plenty of airplanes, and fast cars... oh, and I turn 21 on May 13th :D

Thanks for listening!
Blue Skies and Tailwinds!
-Pilotman

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”