Starter switch problem

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Starter switch problem

Post by Raceguy »

Hello everyone. I need your help!

Everytime I have flown the Mustang in the past I started it with cold and dark and a full manual start. I am setting up the controls in my simpit and have run into a problem with the starter switch. I have a toggle switch programmed in FSUIPC but everytime I flip the switch the engine starts, fuel pump, mags, mixture and fuel shutoff turn on as if "engine auto start" is activated. One at a time I also tried setting up the starter switch in the A2A configurator, LINDA and FSX with the same results. If I flip the starter in the VC the same thing happens.

I have looked in the following places for a conflict or setting that could trigger a full auto start but found nothing:
FSX
LINDA
A2A configurator
FSUIPC

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Ed

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Starter switch problem

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Ed,

That control conflict you're looking for must be lurking somewhere. I suggest you move your temporarily move your FSUIPC4.DLL into a different folder and then restart the sim and try again.

If the problem has gone away, you'll know the issue lies within FSUIPC and/or LINDA. If however, it persists, it proves the conflict must be within the FSX settings or the A2A configurator. (That's unless you have some other third-party driver/hardware assignment software.)

Cheers,
Nick

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi Ed

Are you using the A2A P-51D module from the LINDA forum?
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Post by Raceguy »

Thanks Nick, I'll move that file and let you know what happens.

Hi Tomas. Yes, I have that module.

Thanks guys
Ed

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I use it to and I sometimes have switches moving without me doing anything. I think there's a bug, but I can't pinpoint it yet. Did you ask over at the LINDA forum? I know one of the guys there is here as well. Maybe you should edit the subject to include LINDA??
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Post by Raceguy »

Hi guys

There was an update for FSUIPC and LINDA listed in the LINDA forum so I updated both and restarted the PC.

I moved the FSUIPC4.DLL into a different folder and then started the sim with the default flight being the FSX 172. I then switched to the A2A Mustang. The first thing I noticed was FSUIPC was not on the drop down menu. HMM. So I clicked on the starter switch in the VC and got a full auto start. I selected another plane that is not A2A and with it set to cold and dark clicked on the starter which cranked the engine but did NOT do a full auto start.

So at this point I'm going to uninstall the A2A Mustang, give my simpit to the neighbor kid and play Solitaire.

JUST KIDDING. I'll restart the PC and reinstall the Mustang.

I appreciate your help!

Take care
Ed

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Post by Raceguy »

Well, I removed and reinstalled the P-51 MIL, CIV and Accu-Sim. I started FSX and loaded the P-51 MIL then clicked on the starter switch in the VC.

The switch moved up and nothing happened, which is great!!

I must have had a conflict in my P-51 files and it looks like I'm back in business.

The neighbor kid didn't want the simpit so now I can get back to setting up all of the switches.

Thanks Nick and Tomas for your help!

Take care
Ed

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey Ed,

Thanks for the update - glad you managed to resolve the problem. Crazy neighbour kid though! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. Don't forget the Accu-Sim update. You'll need to manually remove the following file beforehand (and its equivalent for the military Mustang):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\P51civ\Update\client.wyc

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Post by Raceguy »

Thanks Nick

Both planes and Accu-Sim updated.

Take care
Ed

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”