RIP Chuck Berry

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
SWA4420
Airman

RIP Chuck Berry

Post by SWA4420 »

Chuck Berry, The Father of Rock and Roll Music, died today at the age of 90. :( :( :( :(
Godspeed, Good Sir, and thank you for your invaluable contribution to the world of music, and the world at large!!!!
Jim B.
R/W C172N Pilot
SWVA Captain, NorCal Hub
Image Image
ImageImage

Levkovvvv
Staff Sergeant

Re: RIP Chuck Berry

Post by Levkovvvv »

We did indeed loose a legend today :/ And I would say he contributed to more than this little planet since one of his greatest hits (Johnny B Goode) is on the Voyager Golden Record on the Voyager 1 and 2 probes and is currently on its way out of this solar system.
Image Владимир Левков / Vladimir Levkov
Aviation is proof that, given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Indeed, a legend is gone. He took the Blues and made it Rock n Roll.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfV47DzlpFA[/youtube]

Speaking of blues, we lost another legend a few days ago with the great Harp player James Cotton passing. James was one of the last few remaining links to the Muddy Waters era of blues.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBeuco0PgJs[/youtube]

TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

He was quite a character. I saw a great documentary on him awhile back. I think it is interesting that the father of Rock N Roll was a house painter that got into the business to help support his family. You always read about these guys who's passion was music since childhood and old Chuck got into it to make money kinda as an after thought. Go figure! Necessity is the mother of invention as they say. I grew up in the NY Metro area and I believe I saw him perform once in the sixties at the Brooklyn Fox Theater. They used to have these great shows with several of the hottest performers of the time all in one venue. Check out the link. "Murray the K" was a big time disc jockey in the NY metro area when I was a kid and he was responsible for some of these shows.

http://www.murraythek.com/show-lineups.html

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

He was quite a character. I saw a great documentary on him awhile back. I think it is interesting that the father of Rock N Roll was a house painter that got into the business to help support his family. You always read about these guys who's passion was music since childhood and old Chuck got into it to make money kinda as an after thought. Go figure! Necessity is the mother of invention as they say. I believe I saw him perform once in the sixties at the Brooklyn Fox Theater. They used to have these great shows with several of the hottest performers of the time all in one venue. Check out the link. "Murray the K" was a big time disc jockey in the NY metro area when I was a kid and he was responsible for these shows.

http://www.murraythek.com/show-lineups.html

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

Roll over Beethoven, oh Chuck's coming to join you! That is going to be one cool party at the pearly gates!

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Chuck berry also did some jail time if im not mistaken for robbery i think it was.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”