Flying under bridges

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Flying under bridges

Post by dvm »

I was bored yesterday and decided to fly around Concrete Washington. If you have ORBX Concrete (3W5) scenery I am sure you will agree that it is some seriously accurate and beautiful scenery. There is a man made lake North of town and two bridges below the dam. The first bridge you come to is pretty easy to fly under the second one is a little more of a Challenge. After flying under the first bridge without any trouble I decided to try the second one with a less maneuverable A/C. The problem with the second bridge that getting out of there after you pass under the bridge could be a problem. :D So if you have this scenery you may want to give it a go. One of the things I like about the sim is that I can do stuff I would never try in the real world. The sim removes the pucker factor and makes it much easier to getter done without stress induced screw ups that will kill you quick. I made only one attempt for each bridge. I always use instant replay for the screenies for obvious reasons. :lol:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Flying under bridges

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great screens, birdge flying is always fun in a sim, that last shot looks positively terrifying though lol :twisted:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

That will be the end of your pilot's licence once the FAA sees this!

Great shots and quite a feat! Must say I have forgotten about this scenery. That happens if you got too many!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

afcraig2010
Staff Sergeant

Post by afcraig2010 »

*sees T-6 under bridge* oh yea that's cool I did that a few times

*sees DC-3 under bridge* OK THIS IS A LITTLE EXCESSIVE

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I figure you were in the cockpit, flying the airplanes under the bridge. How did you get the outside shots? All I know is to press the S key and I'm outside the airplane. Change my viewpoint to get maximum awesomeness, then press the V key to get the photo. Quickly hit Shift+S and get back in the cockpit and drive on.

How did you do it?

Thank you
ATB

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

I can't concentrate on flying under a bridge and take screen shots at the same time. I don' even chew gum when flying under bridges. Just do an instant replay and choose what ever view you want and make your screenies in the play back mode. You can pause it or go back as many times as you want. I also have a button on my throttle console programed to take screen shots which makes it easier. I am pretty good but not that good. :D :D Another fun challenge is to fly between two buildings or smoke stacks where the distance between them is less than your wing span. You need to roll into a knife edge for clearance. I will have to try and get some good screen shots doing that some time.

FYI If you look at the screen shots you will see the replay window in the lower left hand corner.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Thank you! Cool! I just checked the "Analysis" menu option (P3D), and the first selection is "Instant Replay." I will try this next time I do something crazy. Or maybe just next time I start the engines on my Manfred Jahn C-47.

Seeya
ATB

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Great stuff there DVM! 8) A2A's Warbirds make for great bridge running. If you have Orbx's Walter Sutton Field, there is a great abandoned Mill that is a long open building that is fantastic to fly through. I've taken the P-40 through it a few times, its quite a thrill.

Speaking of Bridge running, do any of you remember the old Masterpiece Theatre series 'Piece Of Cake'? A fantastic series too. The show used to run on PBS here in the states many years ago. It may be a little dated but I think it is up there with Band Of Brothers and all the other great WWII TV Series. I am sure you can find Piece of Cake on DVD somewhere.

Moggy flying his Spitfire under the bridge :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVeunEaHiYo[/youtube]

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

I have flown thru the mill near Walter Sutton great fun. The approach is the tricky part as there are trees and terrain obstacles at both ends if I remember.. I used to have some screen shots but I can't find them. I will have to try it again one of these days. Thanks for reminding me. I remember watching some of the episodes of Piece of cake and the episode when he flew under the bridge. Good flying scenes in that series no computer stuff the real deal if I remeber.

boozybaz
Airman

Post by boozybaz »

Slightly Different I guess this is through & under :roll:

Bal
Image Image Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Is this going to turn into a challenge thread hehe :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Not challenging, but I did the Golden Gate bridge with the Connie right after it came out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBKp_fCt9Sw[/youtube]

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”