Could not open INSTALL.LOG file

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Flettner
Airman

Could not open INSTALL.LOG file

Post by Flettner »

Hi!
I have reinstalled FSX (thanks to EZCA2) and all was OK untill I started to install the most important planes, namely all A2A-planes.
First one was P-47 + Accusim. Install went fine as usually. But when I then sat in the cockpit I noticed, that all A2A-sounds were
away.Not a single click or control sound! Then I tried to make a new attempt and went to the control panel and got text: "Could
not open Install.Log. Now I remembered, that before uninstalling FSX I removed ALL addons. Tens of planes, sceneries, weather
programs and so on. There were only three items, which I could not remove because due the before mentioned text message. Other
two were B377 and Captain of the Ship. Maybe then I made a big mistake by deleting the FSX folder and other folders in connexion
with it. Now I am sitting in front of my PC in the midldle of the catastropfe of my 71 years life, asking with my lousy english help!
My system by the way is Windows 7 Pro and I have been simmer 18 years. And one more thing. FSX is (slightly generalizing) nothing
without A2A products!
PS. After P-47 I tried in addision C172. Otherwise OK but with one repaint in use.

Follow-up to the previous post!
(written on the next day)
After reinstalling C172 no joy. Only one repaint for use. After installing Accu Feel, I tried to remove it, but this time got a message:
Unable to unistall the objekt, which has possibly been removed allready. If I decide to reinstall FSX once again because those three earlier
mentioned planes are haunting on the background. So my question is : How can I remove the "ghosts" before the reinstall of FSX?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Could not open INSTALL.LOG file

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like you need to setup your FSX. For example only one paint showing in aircraft selection is due to not having the show all UI variations ticked in the menu. Also for FSX remember that you will need to make sure it is updated to SP2 standard using either SP1 and SP1 for FSX or the Acceleration expansion pack OR everything is already updated if using FSX:Steam edition.

And for your A2A Fleet the install process will be to install all your Accu-sim aircraft and then run the latest Accu-sim updater to get everything in line, all files updated etc and working together.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Flettner
Airman

Post by Flettner »

Hello, Lewis!
You made my day, I must say! Thank you for your promt response!
Allmost every A2A-plane reinstalled and working. There is only P-47 which is problematic. That is to say, all cockpit sounds disappear after five, six clicks. I have reinstalled the plane two times with no succes.

Regards,
- Flettner -

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

have you run the latest updater, downloaded from here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis

Flettner
Airman

Post by Flettner »

Hello, Lewis again!
Yes I have run that latest core update.
I have uninstalled/reinstalled and run the latest core update twice, but
P-47 looses its cockpit sounds allways after about 30 seconds.
I wish you strength to continue the tutelage with this old dumbledore!

- Flettner -

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Can you please download and run the windows installer here;
https://openal.org/downloads/

And then restart your system.

Its the audio software to run the sounds in the P-47 so in case theirs an issue there it will give it a kick up the bum it might need.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Flettner
Airman

Post by Flettner »

Hi!
I hate to say this, but no succes.
Is there any sense to try the uninstall/reinstall process of FSX once more, what do you think?

There is one observation I made yesterday evening. Among all other A2A-planes, which are located
C:\Uders\My Name\Documents\FSX\A2A, there is not P-47 and its log.dat file. The name of the plane exists
only in the AccuFeel folder. Is this normal? Well, these are thoughts of a dilettante anyway.

- Flettner -

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

an FSX reinstall is not needed.

For the P-47 are you installing the P-47 + the Accu-sim package?

thanks,
Lewis

Flettner
Airman

Post by Flettner »

Hi!
That´s right. Today I reinstalled P-47 and P-47 Accusim and finally the latest core update again.
Then I started FSX, then the default flight. Sitting in VC I then stopped the engine and started
counting seconds. After about 25 seconds all cockpit sounds vanished. Only the master battery
sound worked. Then after a while I heard a strong SPLASH sound like something fell into water
and I noticed, that this splash repeated itself after every 10-15 seconds.
I have FSUIPC installed and I got in my mind could it have some connection to this nightmare.
So I opened FSUIPC and when I closed it and returned into VC, I heard strong SLAM! I understand,
that this sounds odd, but I´m sure that you have heard about even more weird stories during your
career!

- Flettner -

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

mmm interesting as the splash sound from what I can think of isnt in any of our sounds at all in the system.

When you say all cockpit sounds is that ALL sounds or just what you believe are the Accu-sim sounds?

If its all sounds, is it something triggered the Q mute key?

thanks,
Lewis

Flettner
Airman

Post by Flettner »

All sounds in my mind are cockpit sounds by A2A.
That splash is maybe like effect in Orcas Island scenery by ORBX, I think? When I had reinstalled FSX, I attached FTX Central v3 to FSX (per instructions by ORBX of course) and it has worked
like it should work. Could it be possible, that something has after all gone wrong because I just noticed, that in C:\Program Files (x86) there is not Microsoft Games folder where should be FSX folder
too, is it normal (my FSX is installed on D-drive).
And one more thing, that has sticked to my eyes is, that after every reinstall of P-47, the core update has not added anything to P-47, although I had´nt added that old update 1.1 and hotfix. I
have understood, that the new core update will do that for myself, or am I wrong. I removed by the way FSUPC and have not heard any slamming sounds anymore. The A2A-folder (FSX) contains
only these folders: BACKUP, Sounds, TOOLS and Update. Not any kind of log file for instance? Oh, what a mess!

- Flettner -

Flettner
Airman

Post by Flettner »

Hello, Lewis!

This day is the day of joy!
I could solve the problem of the vanishing sounds of P-47 by taking the inboard Realtek card in use,
instead of the external Creative Sound Blaster one.
So my life is smiling again!

I want to thank you for your gutsy efforts to help me and
I wish you happy landings and take care!

Regards,
- Flettner -

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ahh lol that was going to be my next question what sound devices are you using. Creative for example from win vista onward have been in a state of issue for various things, one has always been its ability to play different sound engines, I know OpenAL was one of the issues creative hardware of a certain date paired with a modern OS had issues with. In today's age I do recommend that an onboard sound chip is going to be good enough for 99% of users out there, with even many audiophiles now using on-board too because of the advance in technology with them.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”