saitek throttle quadrant

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
mbarney
Airman

saitek throttle quadrant

Post by mbarney »

I just purchased a stand alone saitek throttle quadrant. It was plug and play and is working, but I was reading about some ways to map it to do some things not available to change in fsx se. For instance gear up/down as different functions instead of toggle. Problem is when I went to try these changes, the saitek is not listed in the standard.xml file. There are several controllers listed but nothing that seems to match the quadrant. Anyone else tried this? any pointers? If this is not the right place to ask, can you direct me to where I should ask?

Thanks

Mike.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: saitek throttle quadrant

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It might be best if you talk about what changes you made, or if your using FSUIPC etc

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mbarney
Airman

Post by mbarney »

Well, it kind of started with wanting to program the rocker to have up be gear up, and down be gear down, instead of one button toggling the function. I found a few discussions out there about making the change in the standard.xml file. Another thought was to put the thrust reverser on each of my throttle levers.

I do not have fsuipc. Not opposed to this option, just thought if it was just some simple entry changes in the xml file that I would go that route. Where does one buy fsuipc?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'd suggest a google for what you want to do with programs like FSUIPC. I'm not a hardware controller type guy to be able to offer much advice but where possible you will want to be using something like the LINDA's and FSUIPC programs rather than edit actual files yourself manually, esp considering how different aircraft use many different control variations.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mbarney
Airman

Post by mbarney »

Thank you. I ended up buying the fsuipc software and it did everything that I wanted and more. Really cleaned up the controls.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”