I'm Back

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

I'm Back

Post by trucker17 »

Hey guys.
Some of you may remember me and Amanda my daughter.
We are back. Mandy will still be using my log in until she decides to get her own account.
You may have been wondering why i just stop coming into the forums.
Well here is why.
Last year while i was on the road. My daughter and fiancee was at home during a home invasion. Amanda was hurt pretty bad, and spent a week in the hospital.
My fiancee was not so lucky. She fought off the burglars as best she could trying to protect Amanda and our home. In he process she was shot 5 times. Katie died in route to the hospital.
I was such an emotional wreck from loosing her, that i stopped playing FSX and even stopped going on the computer. and focused my attention on trying to find the people responsible for killing her. Once they were found and convicted. i turned my attention to work and just ran away burying my feelings in work.
Amanda convinced me to return to FSX and spend time on the computer talking to her while she is at school. And she let me know it was time to get back to my life.
So i am back, even though i am still fighting my feelings. No i am not over the loss completely.

Craig.

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Re: I'm Back

Post by aonyn »

Hi Craig,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I do thank God to hear your daughter survived.
Beyond that, I am at a loss for words... (I wish I knew just the right thing to say, but I doubt that I would find it anyway) , but it is good to see you back, and I will keep you in my prayers.

Regards,
Dave
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Craig, I am so sorry to hear of your loss and the terrible ordeal you have
had to endure. But I am also happy that you have found your way back
after all that, thanks to Amanda and your fortitude!

Welcome back!
Paul
i7-4790K @4.4Ghz OC - ASUS Z97-A- 16GB Corsair 1600mHz - GTX 760 2GB
240GB + 500GB EVO SSD's - 2x500GB and 1x2TB WD Black 7200 RPM drives

FlameOut
Staff Sergeant

Post by FlameOut »

I'm sorry to hear of this.
I pray that you will find peace to fill that void in your life.
Death has visited my family, though not in such a violent way, and I understand how hard it is to get motivated to get back into life.
My friend at work lost his wife right in front of him at home due to cardiac arrest just 3 months ago.
Getting back with people seems to help.

God Bless you and your family.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi craig.
I second (gypsy baron) paul sentiments , a sad loss indeed , i hope you and your daughter make a full recovery from this terrible ordeal .
regards alan. :shock:

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Craig I am stunned just to hear of this horrific event.This is the worst news event I have ever heard of on this forum.Some of us have had medical problems or passed away naturally but not any disaster like this.Fortunate that your daughter Amanda survived.That's a huge loss losing your fiancée or anyone for that matter.At least the monsters are put away and hope they never get released ever in their worthless life.

Everyone here supports you and it's totally understandable why you were gone from these forums -Jon Jarmon

:(
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I can only echo what others have said, sorry to hear of this tragic event you and your family have gone through. Thoughts with you
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Just awful news and I do hope that together we can help you to heal. Welcome back.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

What you described is a horror, simply put, Craig. I am sorry you and your family had to endure it.

Take the time to heal as best you can at your own pace; it sounds like you've made some significant first steps already in that process.

Glad to have the both of you back.

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

Thanks everyone.
It's hard. but we are getting thru it on a day by day basis.
The incident, is what made me leave driving trucks, and take on flying for work.
Amanda is back in Collage on the otherside of the country, so i do take ocational flights going that way so we can visit. She is doing real good, and her friends are helping her to cope. And the guys i work with help me, and we both know we have friends here in these forums, to help with as well.

Well i am off for the day. Have a load of produce to take to take to Inuvik, NT.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Welcome back Craig,
I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I am relieved to hear both you and Amanda are getting a lot of help from your friends and loved ones. You might find focusing on a hobby you enjoy to help heal you. I find the drone of the Connie's engines to be somewhat therapeutic, perhaps you will to.

TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

Craig, Just bloody crap! I really have no tolerance for people like that, me personally, don't think life behind bars is good enough, It should be a clock on the wall of the cell showing their final countdown !

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

Thanks guys.
So true Ian. I cant tell you how many times i have wanted to get thrown into prison with them. Believe me, they would not survive.
But on a good note. A Hells angel friend who's brother is in the same prison, was informed of what they did, and about Amanda being wheelchair bound before the attack.
So i dont really think they will be around long.

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

I hope they meet a horrific fate too in Prison and don't survive.
I wonder if you have a link about the news story that could list the convicted fiends names.
Were they drug addicts or what is the story about these monsters.
I don't mean to be prying everyone here hates them for what they did.
They deserves any hell possible.
Too bad that we don't live 150 years ago where the justice would have simply been at the end of a rope
and the whole town witnessing it too.That's probably why there was so little bad crimes back then.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

Yeah that would have been great.
A Hells angel friend has a brother in the same prison.
So they are being taken care of daily. According to what i hear from my friend, they take just enough of a beating everyday to keep them out of the infirmary.
Both got life sentences, so spending the rest of their lives being beat bloody is fine with me. They will never forget why....
Deliberation on the case took 45 minutes for both men, and a verdict of guilty for first degree murder for both.
The 2 men have had a long history of assault, car theft, robbery etc, in town for some time.
According to the detective handeling the case, the men have beem in the system since they were 12 years old. to bad it took this to give them life in prison.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”