Interesting Question/Thought - RealAirSimulations Buyout

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Skyfox
Senior Airman

Interesting Question/Thought - RealAirSimulations Buyout

Post by Skyfox »

Hey A2A Team,

I assume all of us know that RealAirSimulations have closed shop but have you guys ever entertained the idea to buy them out or make a deal with them. This way their work gets incorporated with A2A to some degree and we all could enjoy them for the future. The dawn of 64bit flight sim is approaching very fast and it would a shame for not being able to use their work.

I am sure RealAirSimulations could take some royalty from the sales etc.

If you guys do ever go with this idea please pm me

Have a great day,

Skyfox

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Re: Interesting Question/Thought - RealAirSimulations Buyout

Post by CrownCityMisfit »

I second this, if it were possible. Only problem I see is that it may dilute the A2A brand. I suppose it could be a "side" brand like Aircraft Factory. Then they would have to divert resources, support, etc.

I's love to see this happen for the sake of others not fortunate enough to already own the Duke and Legacy, as long as it wouldn't affect the Accusim pipeline.

I'm not certain A2A would even entertain this idea. I'm not even sure RealAir want this, honestly.
10900k | 3090 | Win10 | C4D | Adobe Suite | Cinema 4D | Unity
MSFS |The Skypark | Orbx | Milviz | PMDG | anxiously waiting for A2A
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | CH Pro Pedals |Stream Deck XL

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I don't see a monetary reason to purchase a company that has probably sold the biggest bulk of their sales already and any future sales would probably not cover the cost of providing support into the future.

Hopefully they sell off the rights to the aircraft through a second party seller so that the planes can still be purchased with no support or with an active users support forum.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

I don't see this happening either, although it is a very nice thought. Interestingly I think a great Accusim project would be the SF-260, one of the coolest GA singles I can think of. If there was an aerobatic version of the Comanche, it would be the SF-260. Back when I was attempting my CFI training, I was in a Comanche, flying the right seat. At the time, RealAir had their SF-260 for FS2004, it was the closest thing in flight sim that felt like a Comanche, albeit the SF-260 was a little more slippery. RealAir has done a lot of great projects over their tenure, I still think their SF-260 is their 'king', maybe not in terms of all out speed or glass panel stuff, but in terms of FDE and 'I'm flying a high performance airplane that will bite me if I am not on the ball', it was RealAir's best IMHO. It should since the SF-260 design is based on the Sequoia Falco, which is known to be a real 'rookie killer'

The Legacy is very very nice, and I still enjoy it alot, but for all its greatness, doesn't quite convince me that it is the slippery little 'rookie killer' beast that the real Lancairs are known for.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Prob not gonna happen. I could see justflight or aerosoft potentially picking it up, but with no new products coming out its not worth the investment.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”