A new airspace and comms hangout

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Euan Emblin
Airman First Class

A new airspace and comms hangout

Post by Euan Emblin »

Hello

I am starting an airspace with combined comms for warbird flyers. I am particularly focussed on A2A aircraft because of their quality but anyone's aircraft are welcome. This airspace caters for any of the FSX type sim platforms, that is FSX Boxed, FSX Steam Edition and Prepar3D. In the future it is expected that XPlane will be included. The intention here is to have an airspace where people can come together in their favourite aircraft and fly together. So I have a vision of formation teams, display teams, operational sortie re-enactment scenarios and so on. Group flights and solo flights, whatever people choose combined with a comms area where groups can have their own channels to do their own thing.

There are a lot of disparate groups and individuals out there in their own airspaces and this is an attempt to aggregate some of them together for our mutual enjoyment and even learning. If this idea grabs your interest please look into the links below which provide the framework for the airspace.

- JoinFS by Peter Memmott. Peter's brilliant little utility has provided the answer to what many people have been looking for. In my view, the 'Holy Grail' of sim platform utilities. Find out more at http://pmem.uk/joinfs/index.html

- Discord is a very low impact comms tool which you can either download or even just run in your browser. It has much less of a footprint than TeamSpeak. Here it is https://discordapp.com/

Both of these little softwares can be run by anybody for their own purposes but the beauty of them together is that those of us that love to fly in close formation or companionship with others can do so with very little load on the user's machine. Not everybody has an uber pc and these utilities enable better framerates. With JoinFS it is not the same as flying on a multiplayer server, everyone is connected mutually and stays connected even when the originator leaves.

So for a period of a few weeks at least I am going to keep my machine, which is a very high end system, on the Flight Line 24/7 with both my JoinFS Hub, called 'MadDog's Airspace together with Discord. The link for your browser, or the software itself should you choose to download it, is to be found in JoinFS:Hubs. JoinFS is under continuous development by Peter and so we will need to update regularly as more functionality comes online.

All nation warbirds are most welcome as are vPilots from everywhere globally. I am passionate about quality flying with like minded enthusiasts, if this is you then swing by and have a look. For further info please do spend a while on Peter's website where the ins and outs of JoinFS are clearly laid out. Piece of cake!

I will generally be found flying in Southern England. I use Orbx and UK2000 sceneries and I route my flights around these amazing airfields/airports. I normally run Active Sky 2016 and flyers can copy that weather or anyone else's weather according to taste and requirements. Other uses can fly anywhere at any time and it will be a simple thing for me to create new comms channels as people like. Just leave a message within Discord for me if I am not online.

Chocks away!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: A new airspace and comms hangout

Post by Lewis - A2A »

bump, might be worth posting in the multiplayer section too.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

oneaokguy
Airman Basic

Re: A new airspace and comms hangout

Post by oneaokguy »

When do you plan on activating your new session?

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”