New update

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
dcon
Airman

Re: New update

Post by dcon »

A26 Invader, I deleted the update folder in both aircraft, ran the updater and received "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error message. The updater still won't update the T-6 and Commanche aircraft. :cry:

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

dcon wrote:A26 Invader, I deleted the update folder in both aircraft, ran the updater and received "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error message. The updater still won't update the T-6 and Commanche aircraft. :cry:
Bummer. Sounds like you are going to have to re-install the aircraft. Before you do that, can you load and fly the airplanes in FSX or does that also give you an issue? If it does, go ahead an run the installer for both planes and see if that fixes the issue. Lastly run the update installer and all should be good to go.
ImageImageImage

oakfloor
Senior Airman

Post by oakfloor »

Lewis - A2A wrote:We don't have any outstanding issues with the P-51 takeoff.

thanks,
Lewis

Disappointing, when you have a problem and this is all you get..

oakfloor
Senior Airman

Post by oakfloor »

A-26Invader wrote:Thanks Jacques, and Oakfloor you will probably need to delete the 'update' file located in each individual aircraft file as Jacques stated for your commanche, T-6 and P-51. Then try the update installer again and see if the corrupt message returns.
I did that, [the mustang flew terrible] hoping to use a previous update from last year, when it worked, but old updates will not update..

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

oakfloor wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote:We don't have any outstanding issues with the P-51 takeoff.

thanks,
Lewis

Disappointing, when you have a problem and this is all you get..
I've read all your posts, and the most you've ever posted is "it turns left", or some variation on it. No information about which FS, no information about whether you're using the recommended sim settings, no explanation of WHEN it happens and HOW it happens, just that it happens. People have given you many, many suggestions of what to do, including Dudley Hendriques himself, and you never respond, never show that you've tried it, just responded again and again that "it pulls left" and that A2A "won't fix it". They can't fix something they can't determine if it's the plane or not. The only other 2 people who I saw had a problem were a guy using P3D (which the P-51 doesn't support) and another who was trying to fly it with full fuel tanks and treat it like it had half tanks. No trend of having issues with takeoff that was a P-51 issue and not a user or external issue.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

By "flew terrible" you mean it pulled really hard to the left and you lost control?

Can you go to somewhere like Edwards AFB with really wide runways and try to take off, reduce power and then see if it flies okay.

Also, A-26 asked if your rudder is moving free and full in the external view?

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Dogsbody55 wrote:
AKar wrote:Out of curiosity, what was the drag error that was specifically fixed with Comanche?

-Esa
I too would like an answer to this question. I'm holding off with the update until it's answered.

Thanks,
Mike

Well I'm a bit frustrated with the answers here, too, as I've still not had an answer to this question. Anyone????

Thanks,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I checked the update logs, and this is what we have:

- The P51 Update consists of two lines of code specifically about the landing gear retraction, and has zero effect on the takeoff characteristics.
- We added a little more drag to the Comanche airframe

I did a takeoff with the P51 this morning and it feels exactly the same as it was. I apply brakes and slowly add power, at about 30" release the brakes, and let the airplane roll. Slowly adding power (no more than 40"), and adding more right rudder to keep the nose straight, lightly bring the tail up. Once up and established solidly on the centerline (still using right rudder), I slowly add power to about 55".

Applying full power too quickly will make it difficult to impossible to keep it centered.
oakfloor wrote:Disappointing, when you have a problem and this is all you get..
Oakfloor, we understand you have an issue with the takeoff (it's an issue in your system, not our code), and we're trying to help. Just uninstall the P-51, go into your DOCUMENTS / A2A folder and remove any reference to the P-51, re-install the P-51 then the update.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Thank you, Scott, for your answer on the Comanche drag issue. I've spent a lot of time in this plane and absolutely love it, so you can understand that I'd like to know precisely what is affected by any updates. The Comanche, Spitfire and Cherokee are the planes in which I spend most of my limited sim time, so I wouldn't want to see any of them "messed up" (for want of a better expression).

Thank you,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”