Formula 1 2017 Season

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Formula 1 2017 Season

Post by Lewis - A2A »

hope it is mixed conditions! :twisted:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Well. Looks like we might have a race on our hands. Red and silver mixing it up! Hopefully it will be a constant rather than one of those first race anomalies you get.
Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

well I didn't expect that, wish Ricardo could have been in it too to help mix it up a bit! :?

thanks,
Lewis

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
It made a change to see ferrari winning , but i found the race boring , as the new rules over spoilers , seems to be causeing too much air disturbance for the cars behind , making it even harder than before to overtake , hope they change the rules , else its going to be a boring season .
regards alan. 8)

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Despite all the hoohah over these new cars and how scarey fast they'd be, I have to say I wasn't overly impressed. Apart from Ferrari looking more like competitors and McLaren looking less like competitors,(I really feel for Fernando) not much has changed. It IS nice though that Mercedes didn't have it all their own way. Did I get the idea that Lewis rather relishes the fact he'll be doing a bit more racing with someone not his team mate this season? :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Well I did wonder about the overtaking,.. BUT if you looked at the mid-field there was plenty so maybe not as much doom and gloom over the aero stuff as people think. Ocon, Hulk and Alonso moment was rather fun to watch :mrgreen: 8) 8)

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Been thinking about this overtaking thing. Firstly, it's Melbourne. In the four Supercar support races there were three wins from the front row (two of them from pole), and one from the second. This is a class that keeps crapping on about how close the racing is.

To quote Murray Walker; "Catching is one thing. Passing is quite another." So it's not a new phenomenon.

To see a lot of overtaking you probably need to watch another class. I remember seeing five wide around the final corner at Albert Park in the celebrity go-kart race in 2002... Nascar on the super speedways? They have a few overtakes on track for the lead. Heck, anyone in the top ten can win at 'dega going into the last 2½ miles (or further back if there is a pile up) with the top thirty cars covered by 1 second, and crossing the line on your roof still counts. But it's not Formula 1. Richard Hammond caught up with Juan Pablo a few years ago who said (more or less) that F1 cars are the best to drive, but Nascar is a contact sport. Is there still a British Touring Car championship? Probably overtakes in that. But again, it's not F1.

I think there is this unrealistic expectation that there should be over takes up and down the field all day (or night) long. How is that going to happen? How many fast lines around a track are there? Go back to simple front wings of the '80s? Didn't they have boost buttons then for overtakes? How many lead changes used to happen because the guy in front broke down? More than these days. Do we want to see only six or eight cars finish? How many drivers make race ending mistakes these days? Some people hate the idea of having to manage tyres and fuel. Yet those are the things that allow for overtakes - a guy has burnt up his tyres trying to stay in front of a faster car only to eventually run out of grip (or front suspension in Kimi's case).
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Well this is interesting 'F1 2017 NEWS: New Engines Confirmed For 2021';
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyXVjC8DsKc

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Great qualy! Go Lewis. No not Bloomfield, the other one!

Not knowing who will be on pole is novel these days and brought some much needed edge of seatness :)

Did you hear Nikki and Toto had a €10 bet on who would be on pole. Nikki went with Vettel and Toto backed his own man.

Will be watching the race with breakfast. The consensus is Ferrari might not be as quick in qualifying but maybe have a better race car. Nobody knows though which actually makes it exciting to watch again!

Chris

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

totally knackered after getting up early but how do you think it went. I loved it, plenty of real overtaking not the DRS type, just wish it had gone on longer as the top 5 where all getting so close! 8)

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Yeah loved it!
Fairly sure Hamilton had Vettel covered but I'd love to have seen kimi catch the red bulls.
Another lap or so and ricciardo would have been past max i think. Max's early race earned him driver of the day but all that crying at the end asking for a blue flag when he was nowhere near close enough to pass spoiled it a bit for me. He wasn't catching and was just scared because Daniel was so close. I like when Martin said about him complaining about turbulent air slowing him down that his team mate was managing ok (Daniel was right behind him and following ok). He has moments when he shows he can be a great driver but then this spoiled child act spoils it.
Was great to see Vettel and Hamilton all smiles at the end, this could be a great season long battle.

Chris

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

1-5 line astern early and 3-6 line astern at the end. Good stuff. Also liking that the only animosity apparent on the grid is between Fernando and his car. Bring on Bahrain, even if it is a 23:30 start for me... :?
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I actually enjoyed this race , it had crashes due to wrong tyre choice , overtaking , vestaphen was almost unstopable , i lost count of how many he went past , even before the first corner , give that guy an inch , he will take a mile , vettal made the first pit stop too early for wrong tyre , giving lewis too big a lead , bring on more races with changable weather , it sure made this race exciting.
regards alan. 8) :lol:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Alonso radio chatter was certainly funny, and as the commentators where saying on just about all the videos ive seen, its essentially Alonso selling himself as a salesman for next season when its looking like he'll need to change teams lol :twisted:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Holy moly did not expect this! Alonso misses Monoco to race in Indy 500

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/head ... y-500.html

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”