Imagine a DC3 COTS

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
gojozoom
Airman Basic

Re: Imagine a DC3 COTS

Post by gojozoom »

I'd go with a flying boat too - that hasn't been done before (the Catalina doesn't really count, I'm talking about the big ones).
A Short Empire would be awesome with advanced AFK capabilities for those long 10-hour flights from UK to Egypt above the Nile.

:)

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

I would be just as happy to have the A2A B-17 and B-377 back in P3Dv4 :)
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

Have to say I would love an A2A DC-3, it is pretty criminal for there not to be an accusim
/COTS version available. Come on A2A - you know we want it, you know you want to provide it! :lol: In all honesty though I have simply stopped bothering to really look at aircraft from other developers, perhaps just PMDG but have come to realise I tend to prefer GA's over tube liners.

I think FSX and now more so P3Dv4 a decent twin is what I would like. Such a shame PMDG appear to have no intention of updating the J41 compatible. Have the Majestic Dash 8 for FSX but never seemed to quite do it for me. Spoilt by accusim and the extra involvement! :wink:

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Without taking anything away from Manfred Jahn and Jan Visser's *superb* DC-3, I have to say I've always thought the one aircraft missing from the A2A line-up is the DC-3.

There can hardly be a more iconic transport aircraft, Shirley? Considering these aircraft were made to fly incredible distances (with incredible/varied loads) then I'd have thought nursing those engines and managing that fuel would make it a classic Accusim candidate - though I'm not sure how much COTS would add.

I suppose the complication (for A2A) would be which variant(s) to model - as the DC-3 has had such a long service history. There's always be *someone* expecting some obscure modification. However - it didn't stop A2A from modelling just one of the "Connies".

More to the point - if PMDG are rumoured to be working on one - and with (IMHO) a successful DC-6 under their belt, there'd be little point in A2A duplicating their efforts <??>. Both A2A and PMDG are top of their game, I feel.

Adam.
--
Image--Image

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

Part of the reason why I'd love for A2A to make a DC-3 is that A2A has somewhat mastered the handling of tail draggers and they've also brought new meaning to engine management with Accusim. Whether or not the DC-3 gets the COTS treatment is optional for me personally, but it would definitely make passenger operations much more immersive. Given the fact that there were only about 600 DC-3s and over 10,000 C-47's built, I'd say that modeling both would be a good idea even if they were sold separately. The aircraft has a significant value in aviation, so going all out on this aircraft is a nice way of paying tribute to this iconic aircraft. Similar to the 377, perhaps even a cargo version can be thrown in? (Perhaps wishful thinking)
M.Carter
Private Pilot

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

Adam_NZ wrote:Without taking anything away from Manfred Jahn and Jan Visser's *superb* DC-3, I have to say I've always thought the one aircraft missing from the A2A line-up is the DC-3.

There can hardly be a more iconic transport aircraft, Shirley? Considering these aircraft were made to fly incredible distances (with incredible/varied loads) then I'd have thought nursing those engines and managing that fuel would make it a classic Accusim candidate - though I'm not sure how much COTS would add.

I suppose the complication (for A2A) would be which variant(s) to model - as the DC-3 has had such a long service history. There's always be *someone* expecting some obscure modification. However - it didn't stop A2A from modelling just one of the "Connies".

More to the point - if PMDG are rumoured to be working on one - and with (IMHO) a successful DC-6 under their belt, there'd be little point in A2A duplicating their efforts <??>. Both A2A and PMDG are top of their game, I feel.

Adam.
Could not agree more with the above comments. Hats off to anyone who can produce a half decent add-on aircraft to be honest - skills I do not have or am ever likely to have!
Have to say though the almost organic elements that accusim and the added involvement of COTS bring to aircraft in FSX/P3D are pretty much unrivalled. My experience of PMDG aircraft is limited in comparison, but they feel more clinical which is by no means meant in a defamatory way.

Bottom line is - can we have an accusimmed DC-3/C47 please? :mrgreen:

chewit
Airman First Class

Post by chewit »

Manfreds C47 is So very good, there is an A/P, you will find it by pressing Shift-4.
This Aircraft is so good I now hardly fly my A2A singles any more This should tell A2A something about this aircraft and people including myself have been asking the designers to look into a DC3/C47 well before the constalation?!. :)

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I wouldn't mind a c46 also but prob won't happen
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Flyboy 88
Airman

Post by Flyboy 88 »

Ok but what about a DC-7? there is no payware one out there and it and the connie both have the same engines the only difference in the super connies and the 7 were that they were turbo compounds. Plus I wanna start a virtual airline and I think it would it would be cool to compare flying (and mantaining) the constelation over their competetor.

chewit
Airman First Class

Post by chewit »

I don't think A2A could do any more Justice to Manfreds C47 than the team has already done and for Free!. Come on!!
I see people moaning about items not working, one even saying the Nose is the wrong shape??. Well the night lighting has been Beautifully done and it's only a matter of time that the Autopilot will be made to work
I now don't want A2A to make a Dac as I consider that now I have the Best and for free!!. so that will leave A2A room to consider doing another A.C. :mrgreen:

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Nancy, Ernie, and I totally agree with Chewit's assessment of the C-47 situation.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”