Flight 1 GNS 430 & 530

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
TymK
Staff Sergeant

Re: Flight 1 GNS 430 & 530

Post by TymK »

Rimshot wrote:Good to read this workaround will enable us to use the Flight1 GNS in Prepar3D. Everything is working as it should? (Power on/off, clickspots etc.)
Hi Bert,

So far, almost everything... :wink: Power, clickspots and knobs work just fine, the GNS drives the CDI/HSI as it should. The only problem is that knob/button animations don't work, i.e. the unit responds to input and even makes click sounds, but the 3D knobs/buttons in the VC don't move. It's a minor issue, really, but I've reported it in the F1 forum and they're looking into it.

Tym

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

@Bert, so far it seems to work as expected, with click spots working as well, using the above method. Just of note though, this will override the A2A airplane config tool, so no further action will be needed there. All knobs, buttons, and click spots work and is fully usable from either VC or popup. Have tested the 530 in the 172, 182, and Cherokee so far in P3Dv3.3.5.

Edit: I want to say the knobs were working in my install, will double check though.

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Here's a silly question, why would one buy the GNS 430/530 over the GTN 650/750? The GTN's seems more modern and sophisticated with higher level of functionality and fidelity. They're priced the same right? I'm just curious because people who already have the GTN's seems really stoked about the GNS'ssss. What's the bees honey about these GNS's's'ss'ssss? please enlighten me.

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

addman wrote:Here's a silly question, why would one buy the GNS 430/530 over the GTN 650/750? The GTN's seems more modern and sophisticated with higher level of functionality and fidelity. They're priced the same right? I'm just curious because people who already have the GTN's seems really stoked about the GNS'ssss. What's the bees honey about these GNS's's'ss'ssss? please enlighten me.

Cheers!/Andreas
Hi Andreas,

While the GTNs are really powerful units that provide great situational awareness, they're quite expensive IRL and, being relatively recent, not that widespread. Of course, you don't have these restrictions in the sim, but if you are trying to simulate a real aircraft (for example one you're planning to rent), that's a nice option to have. Also, there are some older add-on planes which provide RXP integration in the VC (which can be modified to accept the F1 GNS units), but no GTN integration.

Plus, it's fun to have some variety. :wink: I have a fancy setup with the GTN 750 and 650 in my Skylane, but the GNS 530 is a perfect fit for the Skyhawk (besides, I used RXP in the Skyhawk before the GTNs were released, and I got quite used to that setup -- now I can have it back in P3D, which is not supported by RXP).

Regards,
Tym

Rimshot
Senior Airman

Post by Rimshot »

TymK wrote:
Rimshot wrote:Good to read this workaround will enable us to use the Flight1 GNS in Prepar3D. Everything is working as it should? (Power on/off, clickspots etc.)
Hi Bert,

So far, almost everything... :wink: Power, clickspots and knobs work just fine, the GNS drives the CDI/HSI as it should. The only problem is that knob/button animations don't work, i.e. the unit responds to input and even makes click sounds, but the 3D knobs/buttons in the VC don't move. It's a minor issue, really, but I've reported it in the F1 forum and they're looking into it.

Tym
Thanks Tym, it's no issue for me the knobs don't move.
Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Rimshot
Senior Airman

Post by Rimshot »

taildraggin68 wrote:@Bert, so far it seems to work as expected, with click spots working as well, using the above method. Just of note though, this will override the A2A airplane config tool, so no further action will be needed there.
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll create separate panel folders for the Flight1 GNS Garmin setups and assign these to the aircraft liveries of my choice in the aircraft.cfg files.
Cheers, Bert

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

Reality XP does both of those and both can be integrated into any A2A plane since the 172. Sadly I don't think they can be stacked. However a 3rd party GPS is invaluable. The best part of the RXP versions, is that the terrain data is global, whereas Flight1, at least in the GTN 750 is US only.

tiberiu11
Airman

Post by tiberiu11 »

Hello,

You are mistaken about the Flight1 GTN not having a worldwide database, it contains worldwide Terrain, Navigation, it includes SafeTaxi for North America and USA.
You are mistaken about an older version, the first one after release, but this has not been the case for the past year and a half.

Rimshot
Senior Airman

Post by Rimshot »

Neon wrote:Reality XP does both of those and both can be integrated into any A2A plane since the 172.
Only FSX.
Cheers, Bert

Emi
Airman

Post by Emi »

TymK wrote:
Emi wrote:How could you install the RXP units since A2A removed the RXP option in one of their latest updates?
Hi Emi,

Yes, the option is grayed out, but you just need to go to your "\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_<XXX>\panel\" directory, make a copy of the relevant configuration file (depending on the F1 GNS units you have, for example "panel_RXP_530.cfg"), and then rename the copy to "panel.cfg". Then run F1GNSConfig, select the plane and click "Replace RealityXP".

Bear in mind I've only tested this with the C172, but I suppose it should work with other planes as well.

Tym
Thanks Tym, I really thought it was more complicated with changing model files, etc. lol

Tested it on the 182, works fine! Thank you!
Best regards
Emanuel

Rimshot
Senior Airman

Post by Rimshot »

Emi wrote:Thanks Tym, I really thought it was more complicated with changing model files, etc. lol
I thought it was more complicated too. In case of a singe GNS 430 swap in the 172, there is also a reference to a 'A2A_C172!GPS_RXP_430' gauge. I have no idea of the technical background and what this gauge does. I'm just glad this workaround does the trick.
Cheers, Bert

Minsky
Airman Basic

Post by Minsky »

Guys, I'm still struggling to make Flight1 GNS 530 properly display inside my C172 cockpit in P3Dv3.

I did as TymK suggested (copied panel_RXP_530.cfg to panel.cfg and then installed gauge with F1 config tool) and 2D panel works fine, but VC gauge is a mess (see screenshot).

I have latest C172, a2a and core updates. Can anyone please provide step-by-step instructions or simply share their panel.cfg file?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

at this time we only support those mentioned in the aircraft configuration. The RXP and Mindstar 4/530 and the Flight 1 6/750

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Minsky
Airman Basic

Post by Minsky »

Lewis, thanks for you reply!

But the official way of installing F1 530 is to replace RXP 530 - since they are virtually the same GNS in terms of textures and sizes. I did this just fine with A2A Cherokee. Folks in this thread did the same with C172 - and I wanted to know how exactly, be it official or unofficial way.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No worries, I just have make the disclaimer that we cant guarantee things will or will not work in that area.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”