Flight 1 GNS 430 & 530

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Re: Flight 1 GNS 430 & 530

Post by Gabe777 »

TymK wrote:
addman wrote:Here's a silly question, why would one buy the GNS 430/530 over the GTN 650/750? The GTN's seems more modern and sophisticated with higher level of functionality and fidelity. They're priced the same right? I'm just curious because people who already have the GTN's seems really stoked about the GNS'ssss. What's the bees honey about these GNS's's'ss'ssss? please enlighten me.

Cheers!/Andreas
Hi Andreas,

While the GTNs are really powerful units that provide great situational awareness, they're quite expensive IRL and, being relatively recent, not that widespread. Of course, you don't have these restrictions in the sim, but if you are trying to simulate a real aircraft (for example one you're planning to rent), that's a nice option to have. Also, there are some older add-on planes which provide RXP integration in the VC (which can be modified to accept the F1 GNS units), but no GTN integration.

Plus, it's fun to have some variety. :wink: I have a fancy setup with the GTN 750 and 650 in my Skylane, but the GNS 530 is a perfect fit for the Skyhawk (besides, I used RXP in the Skyhawk before the GTNs were released, and I got quite used to that setup -- now I can have it back in P3D, which is not supported by RXP).

Regards,
Tym
What effect on fps does having 2 GTN gauges in the C182, compared to the no gps option ?
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

TymK wrote:
addman wrote:Here's a silly question, why would one buy the GNS 430/530 over the GTN 650/750? The GTN's seems more modern and sophisticated with higher level of functionality and fidelity. They're priced the same right? I'm just curious because people who already have the GTN's seems really stoked about the GNS'ssss. What's the bees honey about these GNS's's'ss'ssss? please enlighten me.

Cheers!/Andreas
Hi Andreas,

While the GTNs are really powerful units that provide great situational awareness, they're quite expensive IRL and, being relatively recent, not that widespread. Of course, you don't have these restrictions in the sim, but if you are trying to simulate a real aircraft (for example one you're planning to rent), that's a nice option to have. Also, there are some older add-on planes which provide RXP integration in the VC (which can be modified to accept the F1 GNS units), but no GTN integration.

Plus, it's fun to have some variety. :wink: I have a fancy setup with the GTN 750 and 650 in my Skylane, but the GNS 530 is a perfect fit for the Skyhawk (besides, I used RXP in the Skyhawk before the GTNs were released, and I got quite used to that setup -- now I can have it back in P3D, which is not supported by RXP).

Regards,
Tym
I could not agree more. I thought I was the only one who doesn't insist on a GTN on everything with wings. A former boss of mine has a F33 Bonanza and told me no way would he spend 15-20 large for touch screens.

Syonco
Airman Basic

Post by Syonco »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post the question :shock:

I got the 530/430 installed using the method explained (Thank you very much!) I'm not very familiar with this GPS unit so it might very well be me that's doing things wrong here..

Flying an RNAV / GPS Approach i get "LNAV+V" displayed in the 530, however the CDI never comes alive to guide me down. I have tried multiple different approaches. The CDI shows 2 red flags.

Any suggestions? User error? :lol: :lol:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”