New Captain of the Ship Aircraft - Connie L049

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Meatycus
Airman

Re: New Captain of the Ship Aircraft + 50% off COTS this wee

Post by Meatycus »

The other Berlin Airlift Historical Foundations aircraft is the C54 right?

Also the captains hat in the OP is actually a nautical captains hat (see anchor), but I think thats a reference to 'Captain of the ship'

scaber
Airman First Class

Post by scaber »

I'm going for either the C130 Hercules or C17 Globemaster deploying flares to give that signature angel wings look. Hopefully. This is based on my guess that the little figure is actually an angel throwing little stars (=flares?) from her hand.

See http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap060822.html

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Wow - if it's a DC-3 I'll buy it and then start racking up hours on DC-3 Airways again. If it's a DC-6 I'll practice whistling the theme to "High and the Mighty." First I'll have to read the copy of it that I bought from the Duvall Book Store.

What if it's a 727?

Seeya
ATB

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

I found something by searching for "Virgo" (because of the symbol on the tarmac) and "Propeller":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperStar_Virgo

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

No-one has mentioned a Convair. Please also remember that it was not that long ago that Scott said he didn't want to do a DC-3 because of treading on MAAMsim turf. But since Dudley says we're all going to go nuts if could be a C-46. Or a Beech 18. Or a DC-3. Who knows??

And so soon after the T-6.

Cheers,
Mike.
PS @ Dudley. I'm already nuts :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

When I saw that post in the "View unread posts" filter I thought someone dug up something old here. I still clicked on it and :shock: :shock: :shock: Who would have thought that we get an announcement so soon after the release of the T-6!!!?? I was wondering what A2A is going to present at FlightSimCon and I guess we'll get the answer from there. I can't wait to find out what it is (my guess would be a (Super) Constellation too btw.)

Awesome news. Gonna be hitting refresh on the browser a million times over the weekend I guess :mrgreen:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Perk
Airman

Post by Perk »

So it's not an Aerostar?

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

I come late to the party but let me give it a shot too !

What has two BIG P&W 1830 radials, would fit snugly in the reserved parking space and would drive most of us nuts ? A Catalina PBY :mrgreen: ! Accidentally the HARP has one in its inventory, I think.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Dominique wrote:I come late to the party but let me give it a shot too !

What has two BIG P&W 1830 radials, would fit snugly in the reserved parking space and would drive most of us nuts ? A Catalina PBY :mrgreen: ! Accidentally the HARP has one in its inventory, I think.
That would be cool, I think we can rule out the C-97 because who would go nuts for just another Stratocruiser variant? An amphibian like the Catalina would be awesome! Whatever it is, we are all in for a treat.
Cheers!/Andreas

drome1800
Airman Basic

Post by drome1800 »

Maybe it will be a Consolidated B-24.
The “Zodiac Squadron“ who flys the B-24-Liberator has on one mashine the „Virgo“ as Nose Art. And that will match to the Virgo-Sign on the Picture. This big airplane is powered by big piston-engines whitch will match too.

What do you think?

PS: Please excuse my bad English. I’m from Germany.

kityatyi
Airman

Post by kityatyi »

I believe it is not the DC-6. Simply makes no sense since PMDG already said that FSX and P3D versions will follow, which means we are soon in for a DC-6 treat anyway.

As for the DC-3, there is a very promising freeware on the horizon and as already mentioned, there is the Justflight version which is certainly not A2A but still not bad. But never know what A2A is going to come up with.

If I have to guess the Constellation is quite logical or perhaps the Catalina PBY. But I hope it is something else. British Aerospace ATP, Vickers Vanguard... or even the Aerostar or the Seminole.

Well, we'd all be surprised to see a shiny new ATR-72-600 with full glass cockpit though! :-P

Cheers,
Zsolt

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

:shock: Wait wut? What's going on here then!?

A2A we love you! I love these suprise releases!

I was really struggling to find motivation to turn on FSX the last few weeks, but not anymore!

I bet a BOAC Comet would fit nicely in that space too!

"Go Nutts" = Jet engines?

@Taildragging (Scott) Interesting video you posted. I'm sure as Scott starts taking pics of the Engineers panel, and the Vid fades, he says "we should be able to give em a C97"

But just imagine a Comet though...mmmmmm
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

marijn
Airman Basic

Post by marijn »

Could be a B-24...

AnkH
Airman

Post by AnkH »

Great news! I am pretty sure that this faint logo on the lower right side of the shaded "RESERVED" square would provide a hint on the upcoming plane, but honestly, I have no idea what this symbol is all about. I do certainly not recognize it. Anyone a guess?

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

AnkH wrote:Great news! I am pretty sure that this faint logo on the lower right side of the shaded "RESERVED" square would provide a hint on the upcoming plane, but honestly, I have no idea what this symbol is all about. I do certainly not recognize it. Anyone a guess?
Someone above mentioned that it's the Symbol of Virgo, (star signs)
Also a quick Google search reveals lots of info on Comets that have passed through, or been seen in the Virgo constellation over the last few years :D
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”