Repaints in FSX-SE

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
feldkurat
Airman Basic

Re: Repaints in FSX-SE

Post by feldkurat »

of course :D

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

feldkurat wrote:of course :D
Ok. Sorry I was just making sure :wink:

The only thing I can think of is that there has to be a syntax error in your aircraft.cfg. Did you check that? If so and you can't find anything maybe you can post it here so we can have a look!?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

feldkurat
Airman Basic

Post by feldkurat »

At first sight it`s everything ok with aircraft.cfg. But I'm not very experienced FSX user. I`ll post it afterwards.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

feldkurat wrote:Here is the part of “readme.txt” file for the repaint. I don`t see here any anusual. In other cases OZx repaints works fine. But not with A2A Cub.

[fltsim.xx]
title=A2A Piper Cub VH-DRT Tundra
sim=PiperJ3t
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=VH-DRT
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=VH-DRT
atc_id_color=
ui_manufacturer="A2A Piper"
ui_type="J-3 Cub w/tundra"
ui_variation="VH-DRT"
ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="A2A Simulations Inc."
description="The Piper Cub embodies the very essence of the romance and gypsy-lure of flying. Its design is one of the most fundamental expressions of the basic, primal relationship between pilot and airplane; and few airplanes define “stick and rudder” more faithfully and distinctly than does the Cub."
Did you change the xx in the first line?

[fltsim.xx]

If not, it needs to be changed to the number next in sequence. For instance. If the previous entry is 4, change it to a 5.

[fltsim.5]

The xx is just a place holder, denoting where you should place the next number in the sequence. If you've already done it then ignore everything I just typed. :mrgreen:

Cheers.
Steve.

feldkurat
Airman Basic

Post by feldkurat »

Hello gentlemen! It`s me again. Unfortunately, I didn`t have enough time for FSX lust week. Yesterday, just for experiment, I tried to install repaint for Cub with regular tires and it`s function fine. But two different repaint for Cub on tundras – do not. Very strange. So here’s the first part of aircruft.cfg file. [fltsim.2] - is the repaint I can`t install.
I think the rest is not necessary?

[fltsim.0]
title=A2A Piper Cub Tundra
sim=PiperJ3t
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=yellow
kb_checklists=A2A_Piper_J3_check
kb_reference=A2A_Piper_J3_ref
atc_id=NC31092
atc_id_color=
ui_type="J-3 Cub w/tundras"
ui_variation="Yellow"
description="The Piper Cub embodies the very essence of the romance and gypsy-lure of flying. Its design is one of the most fundamental expressions of the basic, primal relationship between pilot and airplane and few airplanes define stick and rudder more faithfully and distinctly than does the Cub."

[fltsim.1]
title=A2A Piper Cub Tundra2
sim=PiperJ3t
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=raf
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=NC38790
atc_id_color=
ui_variation="RAF"
description="The Piper Cub embodies the very essence of the romance and gypsy-lure of flying. Its design is one of the most fundamental expressions of the basic, primal relationship between pilot and airplane; and few airplanes define “stick and rudder” more faithfully and distinctly than does the Cub."

[fltsim.2]
title=A2A Piper Cub VH-DRT Tundra
sim=PiperJ3t
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=VH-DRT
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=VH-DRT
atc_id_color=
ui_variation="VH-DRT"

[General]
atc_type=Piper
atc_model=J3
editable=1
performance="Maximum Speed\n85 mph 74 kts 137 km/hr\n\nEngine\nContinental 65-hp air cooled\n\nService Ceiling\n11,500 ft 3,505 m\n\nMaximum Range\n190 mi 306 km\n\nFuel Capacity\n12 gal 45.4 L\n\nEmpty Weight\n680 lb 308 kg\n\nGross Weight\n1,220 lb 553 kg\n\nLength\n22 ft 6.7 m\n\nWingspan\n35 ft 10.6 m\n\nHeight\n6.7 ft 2 m\n\nSeating\n2\n\nUseful Load\n540 lb 245 kg"
Category =airplane

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Your syntax seems OK. I did a copy and paste of your [fltsim.2] entry and it worked fine for me, after I re-named one of my textures in the A2A_PiperJ3_t folder, to texture.VH-DRT.

Are you sure you placed the texture.VH-DRT folder, into the folder A2A_PiperJ3_t and not into one of the other A2A Piper folders? Because I can't see anything wrong otherwise.

Steve.

feldkurat
Airman Basic

Post by feldkurat »

bladerunner900 wrote:Your syntax seems OK. I did a copy and paste of your [fltsim.2] entry and it worked fine for me, after I re-named one of my textures in the A2A_PiperJ3_t folder, to texture.VH-DRT.

Are you sure you placed the texture.VH-DRT folder, into the folder A2A_PiperJ3_t and not into one of the other A2A Piper folders? Because I can't see anything wrong otherwise.

Steve.
Yes, in "A2A_PiperJ3_t" folder.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Then I am at a loss. Sorry. :?

Edit: Just remembered. Did your new texture folder contain a texture.cfg file? If not, copy it from one of the other texture folders and paste it into your new texture folder.

Cheers.
Steve.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Repaints in FSX-SE

Post by Jacques »

Is the texture folder complete? Perhaps unzip the file again and move the freshly unzipped texture folder into the A2A_Piper J3_t folder. (first, move the old folder out!)

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

That's weird indeed. Can't see anything wrong with the aircraft.cfg either on first glimps. Are you sure the texture folder is called texture.VH-DRT with that exact same spelling? Other wise I can't think of anything else being amiss.

Could you share that file or maybe a link to it so we could try installing it on our setups?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

This is the paint he's having trouble with: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/fil ... rt-tundra/

I installed it in my FSX...No trouble. The painters instructions are a bit vague. He wasn't specific about which folder to install into (t) but he's big on legalese. :)
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Ron Attwood wrote:This is the paint he's having trouble with: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/fil ... rt-tundra/

I installed it in my FSX...No trouble. The painters instructions are a bit vague. He wasn't specific about which folder to install into (t) but he's big on legalese. :)
It installs fine for me too. But yes, the instructions could be clearer. And it uses mipmaps as well. Hmm. Texture goes blurry as you look around it. Nice 'dirty' paint though. :)

Cheers.
Steve.

feldkurat
Airman Basic

Post by feldkurat »

And now I know what was the problem) Together with Cub I bought the "Air Alaska" Add-On in the Steam shop. A few days ago I deleted this Add-On and now I can see all new repaints of Cub on tundras in the “Free Flight” aircraft selection!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”