Favorite A2A survey

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Moggster
Senior Airman

Re: Favorite A2A survey

Post by Moggster »

My current favourite A2A aircraft is the Piper Cub, I just love its raw simplicity and as far as I'm concerned it's the pure essence of flying!

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

This is pretty much impossible for me to answer.

I have always liked the Cessna best during my 'pre-A2A' flight sim life. It's small and big enough, fairly easy to fly. When I ran into A2A everything changed. At first I purchased the Cessna 182 and the Piper Cherokee. I loved both. They're so different and nice to operate/fly in their own ways. After a while I started preferring the Cherokee over the Cessna.

By now I think I have about 9 different planes (wanted to explore onward beyond the ones I had and expand my horizon) and I like all of them for their own reason. Still, every plane I purchase has its own unique feel and personality and it is more down to a variety of factors which decides what plane I choose to fly on a certain day. Variation makes it more fun to me, and so now 'my favourite plane' (or plane of choice) really comes down to things like:
* what mood am I in? (transporting virtual passengers, fse, mil vs. civ, modern/retro, training/practice sessions, etc.)
* am I planning to go high and fast (e.g. across high mountain ranges) or low and slow (sight-seeing/relaxation)
* how much time do I have? (e.g. B377 I can't fly if I only have 30-45 minutes time, Piper Cub I can)
* whether I have flown a plane often or rarely recently. (Changing it is always cool)

One thing that I HAVE noticed recently, is that I have come to LOVE the constant speed prop feature and I'm missing that in some planes that don't have it. So e.g. when I'm flying the Piper Cherokee these days I'm missing the blue knob. But the plane is great in many other ways and just yesterday I created a new custom paint for that one again.

But a 'ONE' favourite? That is so hard! I really love the new comanche, but I can say the same for so many other planes. ^^

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

My vote goes to any aircraft with Heidi in it.

However - the add-on that has it all for me is the B377 COTS. Superbly complex but such a joy when you finally do it right. That said, getting things wrong and getting a dose of Heidi's sense of humour makes it almost worth it LOL.

A bizarre beast from the outside, but the *inside* (where we really ought to be most of the time) is a work of art.

Maybe a 2-seat Spitfire trainer with Heidi in it ...

Adam.
--
Image--Image

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Post by rhenson529 »

So now the T-6 is out, does anyone change their vote? I'm really starting to love this plane but for me it's too soon to say it's my favorite.
How about you?

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Comanche!

PS: Why not create a poll from this?

Moggster
Senior Airman

Post by Moggster »

rhenson529 wrote:So now the T-6 is out, does anyone change their vote? I'm really starting to love this plane but for me it's too soon to say it's my favorite.
How about you?

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Harvard is my most flown a2a plane at the moment but I'm still not comfortable enough to call it my favourite..... yet.

BrianGreenlee82
Airman

Post by BrianGreenlee82 »

Oh this is tough. I love the Comanche and I can't wait to get in P3d. And put my 750 in. It

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I am a fairly new comer to A2A aircraft , only wish i had got their aircraft sooner , all the aircraft i have purchased just recently , are equally as good , so picking my favorite , not easy , but have to go with the T-6 Texan , requires a lot of skill and concentration , during taxi/takeoff/landing , else she will bite your head off , but in the air , she responds to controls so well , shes a pussy cat.
For ga aircraft i have to say the comanche is tops , just looks right , flys right , but the cessna c172 has now a place in my heart , as it is in our va fleet , and helped to get me my online Vatsim P2 rateing , but i have to say any A2A aircraft would be a very good purchase , well done A2A look forward to your next release .
regards alan. 8)
Proud owner of the following A2A aircraft :- C172/182/PA24-250/PA28-180/T-6

Carlos2297
Airman

Post by Carlos2297 »

The Cherokee, there's something about it, I just can't explain, but I love it!
Accu-Sim aircraft: C172 Trainer, C182 Skylane, Piper Cherokee 180, Piper Comanche 250 , T-6 "Texan", Bonanza.

Ryzen 5800x, 32gb 3200mhz ram, rtx3080, W11

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

1. The B377/COTS
I rank this as probably the very best complete flight simulation experience available in one aircraft going back to my earliest days of flight simulation. That's takes into consideration every aircraft I've flown, in the 64 flight simulation titles I've owned & flown since the DOS + Boot Disk days. Only one non-civi sim aircraft even comes close to that same complete flight simulation experience, but from a combat role, and that is the F-16 from Falcon4.0/Allied Force.

2. The T-6 Texan
This one actually caught me off guard, and I had no idea how quickly this aircraft would change my entire perspective on flying single engine warbird type aircraft in FSX. Like the 377, it just feels like home when sitting in the cockpit. At it's current rate, it should move into the #3 spot of all-time total flight hours in my logbook, in the very near future. Topped only by the B-17 and the 377.

3. The B-17G
No explanation necessary other, than if it wasn't for the 377, the B-17 would be my #1 pick.

I'll stop at 3. :)
FAC257

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

For me i would have to say my Favorite is all of them. Thats because they are all great birds, and it depends on my mood at the time i want to fly.

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Spitfire.

Then the Cub and the Comanche.
And the Cherokee.
So many choices.
:)
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

I love this thread :D :twisted:

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

zazaboeing wrote:Comanche!

PS: Why not create a poll from this?
Great idea!!
I don't know how... Anyone?

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I was gonna say the comanche but I have to go with my first ever accusim plane which was their first, the b377. The captain of the ship addon is still the best in the market. No other plane has it and it has brought hours of fun
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”