Favorite A2A survey

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Favorite A2A survey

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Yes that surely is a pretty hard question to answer. I guess for me it depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes I if I feel like testing my skills I take the civilian P-51 and some circuits. It's really not that easy to grease the landings in it. Or if I want to have some mild aerobatic warbird fun I take the Spitfire since I love its handling. I've done an Atlantic ferry flight in the B-17 which was great fun and I'm thinking about stretching it to an around the world trip.

But then again I love all the GA aircraft as well. Short to medium flights it's usually the C-172 that gets the upper hand over the Cherokee. And medium to long flights the C-182 is up against the Comanche. But the longer the flight the more likely it is I'll take the Comanche since I really like the speed.

And some days I just can't decide. So I try to fly all of them :wink:

Happy flying everyone
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Marco909
Airman First Class

Post by Marco909 »

B17. Yes, I like all of A2A's output, but the added atmosphere provided by the crew simulation plus the fact that it's such a friendly bird to wheel around the sky swings it for me.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Being a fan of the bigger aircraft my personal favorite is the Accu-sim B-17G, but the GA aircraft have a special place for me and have rekindled my love of all aviation not just the WW2 birds.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Well, I think the Cherokee is still 'the one' for me! :D She's always seemed to have that special something which I think comes from a combination of the real aeroplane's qualities and A2A's magic in recreating it. I was actually pretty indifferent about the PA-28 prior to release, but the Cherokee somehow made me love it.

That being said, I'm spending more time with the bigger sister now; the Comanche really does seem to capture the flying qualities which Scott is so enthusiastic about and I guess it's the finest simulation of a GA type I've ever used. The thing is (and please don't tell Scott this bit) I still seem to prefer the looks of the chunky slab-winged Cherokee over those of her more graceful big sister. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. Come to think of it though, if I'm honest, the 182 probably gets flown as much as the Cherokee now. I hate having to make decisions! :mrgreen:
A2A Simulations Inc.

Riverrunner
Airman

Post by Riverrunner »

I like each for what they do a little differently. I enjoy pushing the engines/airframes hard to see when and how they break. The safely recover the emergency.

The 182 seems so really believable with the flap over speeds and blowing just one cylinder at a time.

The 172 is fun to fly rolls and loops, seems accurate, but would never have the guts to try for real. Once I was able to toast an engine after three touch and gos, that's neat!

P51 is just smooth pure fun to fly, and its like two planes in one between heavy and light.

Favorite is still COTS, Engine fires on takeoff, random turbo failure, pressurization, passenger comfort and being graded on performance is just really cool. Fly it easy and makes trips super efficient for less that a dollar a mile. Long range flight and various power settings based on GW is neat. Its just a simulation in itself being able to manage so much.

I really hope that COTS is continued to be developed with some of the advancements from later accusims and that some COTS features be included to the rest. Please continue to develop each of these amazing products in addition to the new projects!

Bosko
Airman First Class

Post by Bosko »

Stratocruiser with COTS is probably my favorite. Comanche in a close 2nd.
A2A T-6, Comanche, C182, C172, P51 Civilian, B377, Cub.

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Post by rhenson529 »

I have to say this is a loaded question. That's like asking which child you like more. Each plane has their own personality. My first plane was the 172 Then I got the 182 expecting it to operate like the 172 and I was wrong. When I got the Cherokee, I was wondering why A2A would go to such an older plane but I was wrong. I couldn't get enough of the Cherokee. When the Comanche, I expected a more powerful Cherokee but again was proven wrong. My collection has grown from there. So now it comes down to what kind of flying I do, depends on the plane.

Cub - Casual sight seeing and to interact with Heidi
172 - Practice touch and go's, flying skills and VOR navigation
182 -IFR mid range flights. It feels like a cruiser and sturdy
Cherokee - Short range flights with at low altitudes. Great for island hoping.
Comanche - I fly this on cross country trips and want to go fast.
P51 Civilian - I'm still learning this complex plane but will fly this when I want to go fast and practice aerobatics
B377 - I'm still learning this. In fact I don't think I've ever flown it without an engine fire yet. I plan on using this for learning the various complexities and international flights.
Waiting to decide my next purchase as I plan to enter the war planes more. (I think I need something less complex as the P51)

So for me to chose a favorite, I can't as I have fun with them all.
-Ron
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

iefbr14
Airman First Class

Post by iefbr14 »

My personal favorite out of my A2A hangar which is containing Cub, c172, c182, Cherokee and Comanche, is the Cherokee. It is simply a beauty, and I love it flying :D Most hours I flew the c172 I think.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Spitfire. Flying this is wonderful. Such fluid responses. Just wish A2A would make a later version. Then, very closely followed by the P-47. This plane is a real bruiser and challenging. It gets better as you fly higher.

As to the civilian population, that honour goes to the Comanche. It's hard to get out of this one, but if I have to, then the Cherokee gets the nod. I have some real word experience in Cherokees, and this feels like the real thing. The Cub is a whole heap of fun too.

But the best thing about A2A planes is that they all feel different. You really do get a sense of what the real plane is like, which says a lot about the work put into each release. Looking forward to the T-6. This sounds like it will be a challenge worth tackling. Also can't wait for A2A to release their first GA twin, whatever it may be. Should be twice the fun, and lots to learn.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

Dogsbody55 wrote: It's hard to get out of this one, but if I have to, then the Cherokee gets the nod. I have some real word experience in Cherokees, and this feels like the real thing.
This is were, and I have real time in and PC , both Cessna and the Piper, in simulation the visual affect between the two types were equal to the real McCoy , I was so impressed with the Piper but able to compare it to the Cessna which I have lessor hours on, the both simulators reacted So so different Brilliant !

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

A2A is getting more like Carenado everyday. Get out a new shiny plane and leave the old ones in the dust.

I love the B-17 and B-377 but will not buy another A2A plane until they realize users want the older, better planes such as the B-17 updated in graphics, systems and simulater (P3D).

I cherish the two four engine beast and think they are the best work A2A ever did and hope for some light at the end of the tunnel for them.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

They all get a turn at being my favourite. Except the P-47, we've had a bit of a falling out recently.

Because I'm heavily into formation flying, the current fave is the Spitfire.

P.S. I fully expect the P-47 and myself will kiss and make up soon. :)
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

norfolkmike
Senior Airman

Post by norfolkmike »

In order of preference:

P:51 (Military)

Piper Cherokee

B:17

Spitfire

P:47

Piper Cub

Stratocruiser

C 172

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

I'm seeing a lot of love for the Cherokee, and I must say I feel the same. Sometimes it's nice to step down into a simpler, slower plane; it feels easier to focus on the fundamentals of flying that way. That plus its vintage feel, and I think it always will be one of my favorites now matter how fancy or powerful whatever comes next may be.

Having said that, if I could pick one and only one, it would be the Comanche. I like the extra power and getting to fly complex is just fun.

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

All of the planes are amazing and have their purpose. I am not surprised with these responses.
However, I have to say, I've been a little surprised with the amount of Cherokee responses and the COTS.
Just goes to show they capture the essence of each project they take on and the depth of selection for which planes get made.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”