A2A-EZCA (EZdok) Compatibility Guide

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: EZdok and the A2A walk-round: a solution?

Post by Molly - A2A »

edit: Nevermind, so far so good on the 172!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks molleh - that's good to know. :)

For what it's worth, I've noticed a welcome side-effect of the HotKeySelect=4 conflict and the fix proposed in this thread. When cycling with S or shift+S, the view will cycle through the most recent EZCA aircraft cam rather than the initial pre-flight 'pitot view' (Cessna) or 'right flap view' (Piper). However, if we subsequently perform the pre-flight again, it still seems to work fine.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

doudou
Airman

Post by doudou »

Thank you Nick. To add Hotkey 4 at the end of cam 0 section has re-established the sequence to walk-round (Cessna and Piper). I run EZdok v 1.1.8.5 with FSX SE alone.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Just another little snippet of info that I've discovered with the walk-round... :)

When switching to the first pre-flight inspection station there would be a momentary flash of another screen before the correct view was loaded. Although it lasted for just a few milliseconds, it irritated me a bit.

This momentary glimpse actually shows the first predefined internal camera definition in the aircraft.cfg file; the one designated by this entry...

[CameraDefinition.001]
Title = "Instruments close / IFR"
etc...

As—like most users of the software—I use EZdok to create smooth internal close-up views of various bits of the panel like the radio stack, I have deleted this section and the two subsequent ones to avoid this little visual artefact. However, the same effect can also be achieved by adding the line "CycleHidden=True" at the bottom of the "[CameraDefinition.001]", "[CameraDefinition.002]" and "[CameraDefinition.003]" sections instead. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Yes, that's interesting. Those views are only required in the walk around, not in general flight. I will give it a shot. So do 'cyclehidden' on all walkaround camera definitions?
Cheers
Trev

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

TreeTops wrote:So do 'cyclehidden' on all walkaround camera definitions?
No - sorry Trev, I should probably have emphasized that I was referring to the three "[CameraDefinition.001]" to "[CameraDefinition.003]" entries, NOT the twenty or so entries for the walk-round: [CameraDefinition.1], [CameraDefinition.9] etc. etc.

In other words, EZdok users can afford to get rid of (or at least remove from the view cycle) the close-up views of the virtual cockpit that A2A created.

Hope that clarifies it a bit. :)
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Ok, thanks for the heads up.
Cheers
Trev

jalbino59
Airman Basic

Post by jalbino59 »

Hello everyone. New to the boards here.

I was really pleased to see that the community has found a fix to the preflight inspection/ezdok issue. I just wanted to confirm something before I begin editing the config files. I'm using ezdok 1.18.7, and have the Skylane and Comanche.

My question is this. Do I make the hotkeyselect=4 changes to the camera.cfg, or just the aircraft.cfg camera sections of each aircraft. My confusion comes from there being a hotkeyselect=4 line already in the camera.cfg file.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome! :)

It's just the aircraft.cfg file you'll need to edit. For the Comanche, it's simply a case of restoring the "HotKeySelect = 4" line which EZdok removes. For the Skylane, you'll need to do the same and it also helps compatibility if you edit the "Origin", "InitialXyz" and "InitialPbh" entries as described above.

Hope this is fairly clear. Please post back if you run into any issues/conflicts with the edits.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jalbino59
Airman Basic

Post by jalbino59 »

Nick M wrote:Hello and welcome! :)

It's just the aircraft.cfg file you'll need to edit. For the Comanche, it's simply a case of restoring the "HotKeySelect = 4" line which EZdok removes. For the Skylane, you'll need to do the same and it also helps compatibility if you edit the "Origin", "InitialXyz" and "InitialPbh" entries as described above.

Hope this is fairly clear. Please post back if you run into any issues/conflicts with the edits.

Cheers,
Nick
I appreciate the reply Nick! Yes its crystal clear. I'll give it a go a bit later. Thanks

Jose A.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Jose. Please make a back-up of the aircraft.cfg files just in case!

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jalbino59
Airman Basic

Post by jalbino59 »

Nick M wrote:You're welcome Jose. Please make a back-up of the aircraft.cfg files just in case!

Nick

I made the edits you suggested and it all worked fine. Thanks for the help.

Jose

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Good to hear Jose. :) Thanks for the confirmation.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Post by CrownCityMisfit »

I can confirm that hotkey fix alone solves the walk around problem with the Cherokee in P3Dv3 + EZDOK 1.18.7. I have no issue using the single external EZDOK camera I had created, and none of my cockpit EZDOK cams were broken either.

HUGE thanks Nick.

Additional Note, after completing the fix above:

I just ran the latest Accusim updater, and it killed the animated camera move between each EZDOK cam. Furthermore, the walk around didn't work at all. I ran the EZDOK Config again, which again deleted the "HotKeySelect = 4" from each of the aircraft.cfg's. Added them back. Presto, all working again.

Cheers.
10900k | 3090 | Win10 | C4D | Adobe Suite | Cinema 4D | Unity
MSFS |The Skypark | Orbx | Milviz | PMDG | anxiously waiting for A2A
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | CH Pro Pedals |Stream Deck XL

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the post BladderBoy - glad the fix is working for you in P3D. :)
BladderBoy wrote:I just ran the latest Accusim updater, and it killed the animated camera move between each EZDOK cam. Furthermore, the walk around didn't work at all. I ran the EZDOK Config again, which again deleted the "HotKeySelect = 4" from each of the aircraft.cfg's. Added them back. Presto, all working again.
Okay, that's interesting. Not sure why the Accu-Sim updater would do that. Perhaps there's something else going on in P3D that I'm not aware of as I've only tested this in FSX-SE so far. :? Maybe something other P3D users should check?

Just wanted to add that I've recently put together a small PDF guide which describes the edits needed to get the various A2A GA products working properly with v1.18 of EZdok. I think Lewis was planning to add a link to it in the relevant FAQ threads at some point, but in the meantime here it is. Hopefully it's a bit easier to follow for new customers than the info scattered around various forum posts. I've also added a link to the first post and updated the thread title accordingly.

A2A-EZCA Compatibility Guide.pdf

If any EZdok users come across conflicts using this method, please do let me know here in this thread.

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. Maybe worth adding here that the new T-6 doesn't need any edits to work with EZCA as it doesn't have the pre-flight inspection feature.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”