Next Plane For 2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Emo Jim
Airman Basic

Next Plane For 2020

Post by Emo Jim »

I know it took the A2A team over a year to make the Comanche 250 for 2020 and I can say it was waaayyyyy worth the wait. Just wondering if anyone knows what the next plane they are working on for 2020?

Michael-C172pilot
Airman First Class

Re: Next Plane For 2020

Post by Michael-C172pilot »

There is not much announced - a2a traditionally only announces when the products are mature - but on the Facebook site they said during the announcement of Patch 1.4 that they are currently working on TWO planes.

We do not know how far they are and when they will be announced - but they hinted that it should go faster because Accusim is developed now.

Michael-C172pilot
Airman First Class

Post by Michael-C172pilot »

That being said - I am curious as well and hope we will hear more soon.

davidtsw1906
Airman First Class

Post by davidtsw1906 »

I hope it's the 182 and that it comes with floats as an option and a nice AOA indicator. The Aerostar would be cool too but if I could choose, I'd rather see the 310 or even the Twin Comanche. Though I'll probably fall in love with the Aerostar just like I did with the Comanche :)

Jvp89
Airman

Post by Jvp89 »

It would be nice to see a twin this time around.. but hey! I wouldn't hurt to wait till MSFS2024 launches to have a proper intel about what the new Sim has to offer. I'm having a blast with the Comanche. please if someone have some cash to spare I would take it to get a real comanche to fly in the offdays of airline flight.

Jvp89
Airman

Post by Jvp89 »

Jvp89 wrote: 26 Nov 2023, 06:57 It would be nice to see a twin this time around.. but hey! I wouldn't hurt to wait till MSFS2024 launches to have a proper intel about what the new Sim has to offer. I'm having a blast with the Comanche. please if someone have some cash to spare I would take it to get a real comanche to fly in the offdays of airline flight.
But i'm hoping for an AeroSTAR!!

Rioku
Airman First Class

Post by Rioku »

Something from Cessna please!

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

It will be interesting in what they give if its a GA plane. When they started releasing GA planes they kinda built up the fleet. Starting with a slow non complex C172/Cherokee and then added the faster more complex planes. With each new release we got a plane that was better and offered its own individual identity. The Cub was stick and rudder and then floats, the Bo had interesting gauges and was fast. Right now a C172, 182, Cherokee would be welcomed but a step back from flying the Comanche. Only exception would be if the Cessnas came with float options. They are staple planes as trainers including the Cherokee but I couldnt see myself going from flying something slower and less complex. At some point I can imagine seeing the C172/182 and Cherokee being released as they are needed but feel a twin, something on floats/skis, warbird, Cub/Super Cub for Stick and rudder or a Golden Classic like the B377/Connie are the options that I would be expecting A2A to pull from.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I have it on good authority the next offering will be a Cessna C197 Aeromuspit. Can't wait!
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

I’ve always wanted one of the A2A Cessnas on floats. The Cub was the best float simulation in flight sim and it would be so much fun to have that technology included with one of the Cessnas!

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

floatplane/seaplane dynamics in MSFS is sadly just as bad as it was in the legacy FSX/P3D code. I would hope that with Accusim 2.0 they would bring proper fluid dynamics and 'on the step' transition in the takeoff phase and landing phases
ImageImage

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Never mind that lightweight stuff. Listen to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYbiuMT5WWs

If not presently in development, then I hope it gets released someday soon.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Dogsbody55 wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 21:51 Never mind that lightweight stuff. Listen to this.
Cheers,
Mike
Heavyweight stuff. Always my dream to have A2A develop the Centaurus-powered Sea Fury. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rs_SYEdo4I

cornold
Airman Basic

Post by cornold »

Kilstorm wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 11:16 It will be interesting in what they give if its a GA plane. When they started releasing GA planes they kinda built up the fleet. Starting with a slow non complex C172/Cherokee and then added the faster more complex planes. With each new release we got a plane that was better and offered its own individual identity. The Cub was stick and rudder and then floats, the Bo had interesting gauges and was fast. Right now a C172, 182, Cherokee would be welcomed but a step back from flying the Comanche. Only exception would be if the Cessnas came with float options. They are staple planes as trainers including the Cherokee but I couldnt see myself going from flying something slower and less complex. At some point I can imagine seeing the C172/182 and Cherokee being released as they are needed but feel a twin, something on floats/skis, warbird, Cub/Super Cub for Stick and rudder or a Golden Classic like the B377/Connie are the options that I would be expecting A2A to pull from.
Exciting times ahead! I totally agree that the progression in GA planes has been fascinating. Looking forward to seeing what A2A has in store for 2023. A twin or a warbird would indeed be a thrilling addition. Can't wait to experience the next level of realism and variety in the fleet!

HighAlpha
Airman First Class

Post by HighAlpha »

I’d be happy with ports of their existing GA aircraft for the time being. I know they publicly stated that wasn’t their plan. But boy it would be nice to use them in MsFs 2020, like reuniting with an old friend…. I’d gladly pay full price and buy each of them over again for MsFs 2020.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”