Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update (OLD COMMENTS)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update 07/15/2014 - DOWNLOAD

Post by n421nj »

I can't seem to find the answer to this. I have the auto updater installed and all my aircraft are up to date. Now let's say I purchase another accusim bird, say the b17 for arguments sake. I install the b17 and accusim. Will the auto updater automatically run the next time I start fsx or will it automatically start once it recognizes the b17 + accusim installed on my computer?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Andydigital
Airman First Class

Post by Andydigital »

No you have to run it again, it's not an automatic updater at all, why on earth they call it that I have no idea. It's a small web installer that automatically downloads only the updates you need. It literally saves them download bandwidth and that's it.
cheers,
Andy

Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Great Ozzie »

Andydigital wrote:No you have to run it again, it's not an automatic updater at all, why on earth they call it that I have no idea.
Maybe because calling it a "semi-automatic updater" is a little too provocative. :lol:

One Updater to rule them all,
One Updater to find them,
One Updater to bring them all,
And in the (computer) darkness bind them.

:P
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

That's misleading. So then basically they will just post messages on when to run the auto updater. Doesn't seem much different then the way it was before but if it saves them time I guess every second saved is a second soone to the next release.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Slado
Airman Basic

Post by Slado »

Scott - A2A wrote:Slado,hh

Try this alternate updater for the Spitfire. Let me know if this solves your issue:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... 5_2014.zip

Scott.
Hi Scott

Will I need to run this now that I have it working ok with the core update 1.6 that I got from another customer? If so, do I have to delete the files/folders you listed before and reinstall then apply the alternate updater over the original aircraft and accusim installs or can I just apply the alternate updater directly over what I have installed at the moment?

Thanks

Todd

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

The updater is automatic in the sense that once you run it, the updater will find your A2A aircraft and update them if needed, if you choose to.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey guys its also saving you bandwidth, as you only download and update whats needed in stead of the usual all updates for all aircraft yet only install what you have.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Slado wrote:

Try this alternate updater for the Spitfire. Let me know if this solves your issue:

Scott.
Hi Scott

Will I need to run this now that I have it working ok with the core update 1.6 that I got from another customer? If so, do I have to delete the files/folders you listed before and re-install then apply the alternate updater over the original aircraft and accusim installs or can I just apply the alternate updater directly over what I have installed at the moment?

Thanks

Todd
Hello Todd,

you can just use the download Scott has posted for you t get the latest update.

thanks,
Lewis

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Andydigital wrote:No you have to run it again, it's not an automatic updater at all, why on earth they call it that I have no idea. It's a small web installer that automatically downloads only the updates you need.
Andy, even in your desrcription of the updater you used the word "automatic". ;)
Michael Krawczyk

Slado
Airman Basic

Post by Slado »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Slado wrote:

Scott.
Hi Scott

Will I need to run this now that I have it working ok with the core update 1.6 that I got from another customer? If so, do I have to delete the files/folders you listed before and re-install then apply the alternate updater over the original aircraft and accusim installs or can I just apply the alternate updater directly over what I have installed at the moment?

Thanks

Todd
Hello Todd,

you can just use the download Scott has posted for you t get the latest update.

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Scott & Lewis

I have run the standalone Spitfire update that Scott posted on top of what was already installed and it seems to have completed with no problems.

Thanks

Todd

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great to hear Todd. This will be fixed in the next update. Glad to hear you are up and flying in the meantime.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

limjack
Airman

Post by limjack »

Very nice update system. Been so busy and never have a chance to check for updates. This made it very nice. One thing though, as the updater check for aircraft on my system i swear I heard in the back ground Booooooo when I did not have a paticular aircraft (also heard one voice say buy it in the back ground) Haha, I should have them all but do enjoy the ones I do have. Thanks again for making it a little easier to stay on top of things in my hanger.

Happy Jim

bho
Airman Basic

Post by bho »

When I went to install the update it found the C172 but then I got the following "An Error Occurred, Unable to check for updates, Server File Failed to Load". Any idea what might be going on or how to correct?

RFF
Airman

Post by RFF »

Hi

I have very weak internet on my home PC where my flight sim is located. I have tried the remote download option mentioned at the beginning of the thread but non of the aircraft are located by the update. Any idea what I have done incorrectly.

Thank you

Richard

michaelsmith132
Airman Basic

Post by michaelsmith132 »

Hi to everyone,

I am having the following error message when I try to update using 02/07/2014 update:

"The update failed to download. The downloaded file "c172trainer.2.0.to.2.02.wyu" failed the Adler32 validation." Any help?
Thanks

Michael

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”