The DHC-2 Beaver as an Accusim-plane thread

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: The DHC-2 Beaver as an Accusim-plane thread

Post by CodyValkyrie »

It's not exactly easy, that's why. It requires talent that a lot of developers in FS don't have, and opens up Pandora's Box that a lot of developers aren't prepared to deal with. It took A2A hundreds if not thousands a lot of man hours to get to the point that they're at, and a lot of talent (some of the best in the industry in A2A's case).
ImageImage
ImageImage

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

It appears just flight is trying to open the box a little bit with the socata tb10/20 and piper arrow modelling the fuel and electrical systems. I Guess they saw what success A2A had with study level GA and decided to try their hand at it. Still no where near A2A but a step in the right direction.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

The DHC-2 Beaver as an Accusim-plane thread

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I know Rob Young was working on the FDE - and then I heard he left for undisclosed reasons... So I'm assuming it's not his work... It's a shame - I'm definitely a fan...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

Well guys and gals, don't expect A2A to release a DHC-2 Beaver any time soon. MilVis just released their DHC-2 Beaver this Memorial Day weekend (2017) for a sale price of $34.95. Knowing our pleas have fallen on deaf ears with A2A I just purchased the new MilViz version. Although not A2A, it is still a very nice version none the less. The MilViz version is definitely an improvement over my old Beaver X.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic 8) :D

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

Got it too! There coming out with an Otter also. And will be available for P3Dv.4 update.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

I wasn't aware they were making an Otter. I know the guys at Aeroplane Heaven are making one though. They're also making a C-46 Commando and a bubbletop P-47. The guys at Flight Replicas are about to release a DC-4 as well.
ImageImage
ImageImage

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

Hey Cody, that DC-4 kind of interests me! I hope they do a good job with it.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & mechanic :idea: 8) :D

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

I'm not aware of a MilViz Otter either. I think you're confusing the AH one as well. Got the Beaver and am loving it so far. Flies well and gets good performance on my computer.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Froogle mentioned this in his news show today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVvW-35QgLU
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

stephan.cote.1 wrote: I'm sure you guys here can picture this..
I'm 11 years old.. its thursday morning, 5:00 AM... There is a thick fog on the river.. perfectly quiet with the execption of a few "clap" "clook" sounds of the tiny wave braking on hte EDO10000 pontoon... then you ear the wining sound of the fuel pump for 8-10 seconds.. folowed by three long primer strokes with the fuel flowing in its plumbed line to the top cylindres... "Clear prop!" and them... Magic happens... as those 9 long stroke pistons start to dance.... both mags on... Broooooom..........caugh caugh.... Broommmmmm pow......

Guys.. I can still smell the 100LL partially burned puffing from the augmenter tubes... as the Otter gently slide away from the dock into the ever think fog.... Sounding like 4 or 5 Harley Davidson's are idling in a wonderfull symphony of 1950's technology completely out of their time realm....

I'm almost 33.. never been close to a Otter since I was 15.. and these are still among my most vivid memories of Aviation... I enjoy the Cessna ride here and there with friends.. but it always lack that.. brute sound, sweet smell of the Supercharged P&W orchestra...

<3

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

CAPFlyer wrote:I'm not aware of a MilViz Otter either. I think you're confusing the AH one as well. Got the Beaver and am loving it so far. Flies well and gets good performance on my computer.
Collin talks about the Otter starting about 27:27 in the twitch video. He states it's almost finished and maybe four months away or less.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147118398

trindade
Staff Sergeant

Post by trindade »

The Milviz Beaver is a very nice addon, but an A2A version would be a day 0 purchase for me. :wink:

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

trindade wrote:The Milviz Beaver is a very nice addon, but an A2A version would be a day 0 purchase for me. :wink:
I compromised by yanking the rear passenger seat out of my T-6 and stuffing a canoe down in the empty space. Presto, advanced trainer becomes reliable bush plane.

Holy cow, I could almost pass as a Canadian now. :mrgreen:

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Hobart Escin wrote:
trindade wrote:The Milviz Beaver is a very nice addon, but an A2A version would be a day 0 purchase for me. :wink:
I compromised by yanking the rear passenger seat out of my T-6 and stuffing a canoe down in the empty space. Presto, advanced trainer becomes reliable bush plane.

Holy cow, I could almost pass as a Canadian now. :mrgreen:
And with that out of the box sharp mind of yours, we (Canadians) will take you in anytime!
Now you just need to find a way to get two slats of trailing flaps with connected ailerons on that T-6 wing to shorten the takeoff and landing...

A bigger tail would also help for the slow flights and the future float ops...

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Is the milviz beaver worth the purchase?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”