The DHC-2 Beaver as an Accusim-plane thread

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Re: The DHC-2 Beaver as an Accusim-plane thread

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

n421nj wrote:Is the milviz beaver worth the purchase?
IMHO, at 35USD Yes.. Note, their website says that the price will go up by 5$ in early June...
As previsouly mentioned, this is not Accusim level.. but It's good enough to have fun... Keep in mind if it wasn't a Beaver, I wouldn't say the same: I normally fly exclusively A2A birds in P3D witht he exception of Beavers and Otters because... well, A2A hasn't done any(Yet? :D)

I think the biggest flight dynamic flaw so far is that it wont Rotate on floats until 80 Mph.. I mean, the elevator has no effect on pitch before 75-80 mph on float...
The engine lacks inertial.. changes in RPM are way to fast... but I managed to edit this a bit during Beta test... So I'll try to do it again when I have time with the official release...
There is no overboost but I had manage to fix that too in the CFG file by increasing the max boost and max HP to still reflect 450 hp at 36inHg... that is something I will try to do again too...
Sounds are good, Visual model is brilliant... I find that this Beaver model really shines in VR...

If you are looking for a Beaver on ESP platform, this is the one I would suggest... miles ahead of FSX default, just not into A2A league yet...
Steph

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Post by CrownCityMisfit »

stephan.cote.1 wrote: The engine lacks inertial.. changes in RPM are way to fast... but I managed to edit this a bit during Beta test... So I'll try to do it again when I have time with the official release...
There is no overboost but I had manage to fix that too in the CFG file by increasing the max boost and max HP to still reflect 450 hp at 36inHg... that is something I will try to do again too...
I really hope you share this info if/when you proceed. Cheers.
10900k | 3090 | Win10 | C4D | Adobe Suite | Cinema 4D | Unity
MSFS |The Skypark | Orbx | Milviz | PMDG | anxiously waiting for A2A
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | CH Pro Pedals |Stream Deck XL

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I'm not sure how A2A feels about reviewing the Milviz Beaver but my 2c

Visuals = Good while a tad wishy washy.
Sounds = Not sure what I've done wrong if Stephan thinks they are good. To me it's like there are three separate sound sets 'Start up', 'running', and 'Shut down'. All of them OK but none of them seem to belong together. There is a marked volume difference and a perceptible pause between each sound. Compare it to the T6(same engine) and you'll hear the difference.
Having said that I'm confident that eventually that will be addressed soon...ish.

It sounds as though I'm not pleased with the plane but I AM..very.

Not being in a position to criticise the FDE I would however welcome changes that 'legitimises' the behaviour.

Buy it, it's good. But not A2A.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Ron Attwood wrote: Sounds = Not sure what I've done wrong if Stephan thinks they are good. To me it's like there are three separate sound sets 'Start up', 'running', and 'Shut down'. All of them OK but none of them seem to belong together. There is a marked volume difference and a perceptible pause between each sound. Compare it to the T6(same engine) and you'll hear the difference.
Well, A2A got us used to a sound quality level that is hard to beat... So I'm always more leniant when I look at other developers...

BTW.. The engine in the beaver his the R-985... The T-6 has the R-1340.. By design their are very similar but that is still close to 400 Cubic inch short... plus, I thing the T6 as a reduction gearbox like the Otter while, if I'm wright, the beaver 985's doesn't.. In all.. A beaver doest sound like a Otter, and a Otter doesn't sound like the T6..

the Milviz Beaver sound is, I think "good", but far from IRL... So you haven't done any thing wrong.. I might just be too nice on it....
As you said.. we sound not super happy and we ARE still hoping for a A2A rendition.... but at the end of the day, we do get to fly a simulated beaver...
Hope I make sense...
Steph

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

EDIT: The engines are very similar. One of them has more nuts and bolts than the other one. Forget which one. :roll:
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

I think in the end one must really evaluate what kind of user experience they're after in the sim vs. what they would like to fly in real-life. The Milviz Beaver isn't horrible, but IMHO it has just enough shortcomings in it's present form to compromise my own enjoyment in a simulation environment. Accusim engine physics DO spoil you, yes, and it makes you look at new add-on aircraft from other developers with a much more discriminating eye. Still, for me personally, if I want a realistic bushplane experience, I'd far rather fly something like the Realair Scout in the sim. No Accusim either, but a MUCH more polished and honed flying experience in the sim than Milviz's current Beaver offing. Again, this is just my humble opinion.

And heck, the A2A 182 would make a pretty decent back country platform when you think about it. Not as sexy as a Beaver, but a lot more sexier in terms of overall realism in regard to the overall end user flying experience.

simurqq
Airman First Class

Post by simurqq »

Milviz Beaver is a no go for my (relatively) old rig... But hey 7-8 FPS just on the first launch at an empty Texan airport just to test this birdie (no 3rd party objects, traffic, real-time weather etc.)... Anyway, it was a nightmare experience and I believe it can be cured if only A2A steps in... 8) :lol:
Thanks!

Victor Q.

xvii-Dietrich
Airman

Post by xvii-Dietrich »

Hobart Escin wrote:And heck, the A2A 182 would make a pretty decent back country platform when you think about it. Not as sexy as a Beaver, but a lot more sexier in terms of overall realism in regard to the overall end user flying experience.
simurqq wrote:{...} I believe it can be cured if only A2A steps in... 8) :lol:
I'm still wistfully hoping for a super-detailed, maintenance-management, study-level bush-plane (preferably amphibian!) - for Prepar 3D.

Sadly, the recent statement from A2A indicates that floats are not going to happen. Ref: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 25#p481527 :cry:

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I feel for you guys. While the Beaver is not my thing I know your pain. I don't think we will ever get a study level P-38 either. I will admit though if they released the DHC-2 I would probably buy it. Personally myself I am more a fan of the wheeled variant. I did try out the floats on the Cub a long time ago, but ultimately went back to the wheeled variants as there wasn't anyplace I wanted to go. I do like the Milviz stuff as well, but I don't have any of it for P3D. They have always been performance intensive, but that is due to the high fidelity models and high resolution textures.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

I really want something from A2A that would be good for FSEconomy. The GA planes are great but with only 3 passenger seats they’re just not big enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

chadryan wrote:I really want something from A2A that would be good for FSEconomy. The GA planes are great but with only 3 passenger seats they’re just not big enough
Connie? Or is that *too* large?
--
Image--Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

377 is even larger heheh :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

Lewis - A2A wrote:377 is even larger heheh :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
With floats? :P

Stearmandriver
Senior Airman

Post by Stearmandriver »

I don't guess it matters, but I just found this thread and will add my voice: I enjoyed the Aerosoft Beaver X for years, I own and mostly enjoy the Milviz Beaver... but I've been hoping for an A2A Beaver for a long time. It would be a day one purchase for me as well. Price would not even be a factor.

All the cool kids (developers) are doing bush planes now. I guess it suits the ever - improving beauty of the scenery from ORBX and others. Surely, A2A doesn't want to be left out of this category? Surely? :-)

I do enjoy exploring with the J3 (which I love flying), but it just doesn't have the power, speed, payload, or rugged bad-assedness to quite qualify as a bush plane ;-).

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

Or make a Porter... :)...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”