Saitek X52 Pro issues

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
nielis
Airman

Saitek X52 Pro issues

Post by nielis »

Hi All,

I have recently upgraded my PC and now I have problems with my Saitek X52 Pro joystick while my Saitek Yoke, Quadrant and Pedals works fine.
I have tried to install the driver like I did for the Yoke etc. but the problems keep occuring.

Whenever I plug in the X52, windows starts to install drivers. When I try to see if all buttons are working in windows, the screen in which these functions are visible freez up.

The joystick works fine in the game but the LED's and the MFD of the throttle section aren't lighted up.
When I shut down my PC it takes ages and afterwards I get a Bluescreen which says: Driver Power State Failure.
After this the PC restart without input from me.

Without the X52Pro plugged in none of these issue happen.

My PC specs are:

Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel Core i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM 16GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte B85-HD3
3 harddisks: - SSD of 120GB (This is where I have installed my Windows)
- HDD of 2TB
- HDD of 500GB

I hope someone of you know how to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Niels

Fredrik
Airman

Re: Saitek X52 Pro issues

Post by Fredrik »

Hi.
Had the same issue, and what I had to do to get my X52 Pro working was to disable xHCI in BIOS settings for the USB. This is because the X52 is incompatible with USB3. Since I do not use any USB3 peripherals this was not a problem in my case.

Good luck!

Edit: I see that your MB has USB2 ports, try them before messing with xHCI. I tried an USB2 expansion card on my rig, since I only have USB3 ports, but that didn't work for whatever reason...

nielis
Airman

Post by nielis »

Thanks Fredrik,

Could you explain how I disable the USB3?

Fredrik
Airman

Post by Fredrik »

While booting your pc, press the Delete key to access the BIOS. In the BIOS there is a tab called Peripherals, and second from top is the settings for xHCI (on your screen it would be XHCI Mode). Just set this to disabled, and save your settings when exiting BIOS. Here′s a link to the MB manual if you don′t already have it, and the relevant info is on page 29:

http://files.sotmarket.ru/instr/komplek ... ev-1-0.pdf

nielis
Airman

Post by nielis »

I disabled the xHCI and it nows works flawless.

Thanks Fredrik, You're a Star!!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”