A2A Cessna C172 any news on this?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
andrew737
Senior Airman

Re: A2A Cessna C172 any news on this?

Post by andrew737 »

Killratio wrote:Andrew,

None of the "modern" Accusim aircraft have a 2d panel, The 172 will be no different.

Accusim retains "2d" popups for maintenance etc etc but only uses a VC for the main cockpit.

D
Oh, very sad indeed!

I don't use VC; I like my views across 3 screens a d a panel on another monitor.

I wonder if I can use my PM Panel until I build a hardware one?

We will see I suppose
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Andrew,

My panel is hardware, so I haven't looked at "monitor gauges" for a long time. There are, however, many ways to skin a cat and I wouldn't be surprised if that particular problem can't be got around in the future. 8)

In the interim, isn't it possible to run a second screen, zoomed VC (zoomed to the panel) which is disconnected from TrackIR or similar, so that the view does not rotate like the "main" screen does?

The problem of onscreen "inappropriate" views is common to all simulators that aren't fixed, restricted, external views such as all that is available in an airliner. Having that ceiling from which to "suspend disbelief" would be nice!! Alas neither the Spitfire nor the F-16 has one... :(

D
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

Killratio wrote:Andrew,

My panel is hardware, so I haven't looked at "monitor gauges" for a long time. There are, however, many ways to skin a cat and I wouldn't be surprised if that particular problem can't be got around in the future. 8)

In the interim, isn't it possible to run a second screen, zoomed VC (zoomed to the panel) which is disconnected from TrackIR or similar, so that the view does not rotate like the "main" screen does?

The problem of onscreen "inappropriate" views is common to all simulators that aren't fixed, restricted, external views such as all that is available in an airliner. Having that ceiling from which to "suspend disbelief" would be nice!! Alas neither the Spitfire nor the F-16 has one... :(

D
Hi Killratio

I will find a way around it - somehow?

For now I will comment out (and hope it works) my interior vc model and use my Saitek FIP gauges off a network pc; then assign the controlls to hardware where possible...maybe?

Surely there will be a way

Regards

Andrew
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

x4457
Airman Basic

Post by x4457 »

A question for the brass: Seeing as this will be (if I remember correctly) a later model 172R, should we expect it to be equipped with the Lycoming IO-320-L2A or something else? I fly a 172R myself, and it has that engine, which is why I ask. If this has already been answered elsewhere, I'd appreciate it if you could point me in that direction. Thanks!

- Brad 8)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Brad,

The 172R comes with a Lycoming IO-360 engine. I develops the same 160 horsepower of the IO-320 engine, but at a lower RPM. When you place the flatter "S Prop" in the 172R, it can rev higher creating a total of 180 horsepower.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

seaniam81
Technical Sergeant

Post by seaniam81 »

You can also drop in a bigger engine and a constant speed prop, on a 172R. I meet a guy a few years ago that did that to his 172R. Man that thing could climb. And the funny part is he was getting his PPL on that plane when I meet him.

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

Scott - A2A wrote:When you place the flatter "S Prop" in the 172R, it can rev higher creating a total of 180 horsepower.Scott.
Is that an option that will be available in the maintenance hangar? :wink:

BTW, I have another question regarding the 172: will the payload manager remember the last set weight of the pilot/passengers? In the Cub, it resets to 170/139 lbs whenever you 'embark'/'disembark'; you can easily change the default weights by editing two XML files, but it'd be great to have the values stored automatically.

Tym

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

seaniam81 wrote:You can also drop in a bigger engine and a constant speed prop, on a 172R. I meet a guy a few years ago that did that to his 172R. Man that thing could climb. And the funny part is he was getting his PPL on that plane when I meet him.
You can also still find some Reims Rockets (FR172). Built by French Reims Aviation, they have factory installed Continental IO-360, made by Rolls-Royce, at somewhere around 200-210 horsepower if I recall. They also use two-blade constant speed prop. Some consider these to be best 'standard' 172s around, at least performance wise.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The Reims are actually quite common in Europe. Our local flying school has a couple of the old girls.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Yes they sure are! Actually, most of the Cessnas that I've personally been messing with here in Europe are of French build. That's usually obvious only by looking the serial number, they are more or less identical. The Rocket is a bit unique for me however, I've only been working on one or two of them. They often have floats installed, as it makes a fine little float plane - the American made C172s, that is, the ones made by Cessna in Wichita, appear to be a bit underpowered for that use. Of course, the only true Cessna floatplane/amphibian is the venerable 185/A185. :wink:

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

TymK wrote:
Scott - A2A wrote:When you place the flatter "S Prop" in the 172R, it can rev higher creating a total of 180 horsepower.Scott.
Is that an option that will be available in the maintenance hangar? :wink:

BTW, I have another question regarding the 172: will the payload manager remember the last set weight of the pilot/passengers? In the Cub, it resets to 170/139 lbs whenever you 'embark'/'disembark'; you can easily change the default weights by editing two XML files, but it'd be great to have the values stored automatically.

Tym

Yes, you can change the prop in the maintenance hangar, essentially making the 172R a 172S. Also, the payload manager does remember your payload.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

Scott - A2A wrote:Yes, you can change the prop in the maintenance hangar, essentially making the 172R a 172S. Also, the payload manager does remember your payload.

Scott.
Thanks, that's excellent news! I know you're really busy working on both the product and the development video, and I'd hate to rush you, but maybe you have some more teasers to share? :wink:

Tym

delta9857
Airman

Post by delta9857 »

TymK wrote:I'd hate to rush you, but maybe you have some more teasers to share? :wink:

Tym
+1

I really can't wait for this bird to be released! I remember reading a while ago that the 172 would be compatible with P3D, can one of the devs possibly confirm if this is still the case?

Cheers,
Oli

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, P3D is used by flight schools and redbird simulators etc. The knock on effect for the home users is that the Accu-sim 172 trainer you guys get is P3D compatible in its current guise.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

sdflyer
Senior Airman

Post by sdflyer »

I wonder what happens sooner A2A release 172R or I buy an airplane :)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”