Lighting Mods.... should I get one?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
ManBroDude
Airman

Lighting Mods.... should I get one?

Post by ManBroDude »

I'm curious about lighting and shading mods. Can somebody educate me on the subject?

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Lighting Mods.... should I get one?

Post by robert41 »

Cannot tell you everything about them. I tried a lighting one awhile back, did not care for it. For a shader, I tried the Sweet FX shader. Definitely made things (aircraft and scenery) look "bolder". Had a slight but noticable performance hit.
All I can suggest is to try them and see if you like them or not.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I run the ENB mod and rather enjoy it sometimes. Theres lots of settings to change for different looks and you can often get different settings from various FS Forums. Some people I think have had CTD issues but I've never come across them with my NVidea system. I also like the shift-F12 ON/OFF as the results do not suit all flying conditions.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Bernie5
Airman Basic

Post by Bernie5 »

Haven't tried the ENB patch, but I do use SweetFX 1.4 - the effects are subtle but noticeable.

On my (hardware calibrated) monitor the colours look less "washed out" & contrast appears to be enhanced slightly.

Can't say that I've noticed an fps hit, but recently I've been flying in some pretty heavy weather, so another frame or two dropping out wouldn't really have been noticeable!! :wink:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”