Cherokee question for A2A

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Cherokee question for A2A

Post by pilottj »

Hey guys,
I wanted to ask Scott or one of the staff familiar with the Cherokee project if the Cherokee 235 is planned. If I recall from the video awhile back that different engine variants were planned, I couldn't remember which models were selected. Really hoping for the 235, which should be a nice little hotrod. The downside of the 172 will be its rather pedestrian cruise speed, the Cherokee 235 will bring a little more pop...crusing around 130-140kts depending on speed mods.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: Cherokee question for A2A

Post by Molly - A2A »

In the video Scott did mention the 235hp 6 cylinder engine. I don't know if that means their FSX version will actually have selectable engines or not though. That'd be really neat if it did though!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

TJ,

We're not 100% sure how we're going to bring the Cherokee 235 to the market (either part of the first release or shortly after). Personally, I love that little work horse - it carries it's own weight.

Molleh, yes, we do plan on being able to not just select props in the maintenance hangar, but the engines as well.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Thanks for the reply Scott,
Looking foward to it, no matter how you release it, whatever works best for you guys :) LOL you guys could really go to town with all Cherokee variations if you really wanted to, there are so many, not to mention all the STC-able parts :lol:

One advantage of doing the Cherokee 235 is that you will have a nice Lycoming O-540 core, which would set you up nicely for the Comanche or any other O-540 bird you may plan.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”