C-46

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
soroushvalim
Airman

Re: C-46

Post by soroushvalim »

JetRanger where did you get the FSX version?

Jetranger7
Senior Airman

Post by Jetranger7 »

I have the C-46 Commando "PACKAGE", which is the 9th one down , from the TOP of the page - on Simivations web site.

Simivations link here : http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... &filename=

You'll want this one " FS2004/FSX Curtiss C-46 Commando Package " - by Libardo Guzman. 1.8MB .

Comes complete with Virtual Cockpit, & Cargo bays.

Decent aircraft to fly really - FREEWARE !!

Then I just grabbed some more repaints that are listed on that page,, from the same designer and added them to my Package Fleet, I have like 14 or 15 of them,, now.

Hope that Helps !!

Jetranger

DogTailRed2
Airman First Class

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Isn't the C46 a pig to fly? Unlike the DC3 / C47 which was a ni ce airplane to fly?
Think we would be better off with a C47.

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

The C-46 is more challenging, with "interesting" crosswind characteristics according to most reports. However, it's the challenge that many people want, rather than an "easy aircraft to fly"... Heck, if it was easy people wanted, they wouldn't fly the B377. ;)

Personally, I think I C-47/DC-3 would prove phenomenally popular. A C-46 would be less so, but would still sell to both warplane and civilian flying enthusiasts as they are still flying in private hands today. Therefore both are more than reasonable suggestions.

Ian P.

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

DogTailRed2 wrote:Isn't the C46 a pig to fly?
About mid-way down my diatribe on taildraggers at http://tailspinstales.blogspot.com/2009 ... agger.html there's a link to an interesting quote from a C-46 pilot who landed on Iwo Jima with a 50kt, 90 degree crosswind. Couldn't be too much of a pig if he managed to do that!
Blue skies and tailwinds

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I'd take any twin as long as it has accusim. As to them letting us know, it's our own fault that they don't, when they mentioned the f4 and star fighter and then said it was on the back burner instead of being like it's okay Scott no worries, we were ready to nail him to a cross. I wish they would give us a little more notice prior to release so capital can be earmarked but hey not my company not my perogative.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

I would settle for one of them.....
Or maybe one of these....
P61- Black Widow
XB-35
YB-35
YB-49