PREPAR3D?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
A1C_Elliott
Airman First Class

Re: PREPAR3D?

Post by A1C_Elliott »

am i the only one that thinks that charliep51 guy needs to get a grip? lol!

or maybe a drink?

A1C_Elliott
Airman First Class

Post by A1C_Elliott »

please send us to the abyss! lol

Ultor
Airman

Post by Ultor »

Hi.

I have found this thread trough googling but I think it covers very important issue. I mean possessing secure and stable flight-simming platform for add-on development what is equally important for both sides: developers and clients. I am personally very worried about future because many people tell openly FSX is finished and it is necessary to find completely new simulation platform right now. Of course there are two such platforms available but I am very skeptical about any of them:

- P3D - at first look this one would be excellent FSX replacement at but its main drawback is, in my opinion, "not friendly" P3D licensing policy. I mean as for now P3D is forbidden to be used for entertainment purposes only. I am not sure what is LM's future policy in that matter so I cannot exclude at some point non-professional P3D users could have their licenses been revoked. Maybe I am too careful but till P3D is not sold also as a pure civilian entertainment product I won't go for it.

- Xplane 10 - this product could be a good choice but now it has many shortcomings in comparison to FSX: worse graphics, many bugs, niche add-on market etc. Yet what I am worrying most is X-plane developers do not have potential comparable to ACES and LM dev teams so I do not think they can improve Xplane much more to meet FSX/P3D standards. Additionally each next Xplane version is sold separately so fan-base is charged for incremental upgrades.

That's my two cents. In sum, oddly enough, I think now old FSX is the most mature and "user-friendly" platform and has bright future at least for next several years.
Microsoft FSX SP2
Weather engines: ASE + REX 2 Overdrive
Sceneries: UTX + GEX Europe
Flight planners: FSBuild 2.4 + vroute
Aircrafts: PMDG B737-6/7/8/9 NGX, B744X/F, MD-11X/F, BAe J41 | LSH Maddog-2010 Pro | LDS B763ER | A2A B377

ImageImageImage

tamunoz
Airman

Post by tamunoz »

TO QUOTE CHARLIEP51:
Good for you that your flight sim experiences are good with P3D. I am NOT trying to DISCOURAGE anyone from buying it or trying it.
I still do not get any real answers what if anything makesd FSX 'dead' and P3D the way of the future. If I can see DATA or EVIDENCE then $199 is nothing. BUT I do not throw my $$ away on vagueness and subjective claims by anyone..w/o HARD DATA. What you seem to advvocate is PRE-PURCHASE loyality!! You are incorrect about FSX and SLI etc..THOUSANDS of FSX boxes have all that new stuff you claim is not FSX compatible.
FSX is smooth as Tara Emory's bottom. I just landed from a PAKT to CZST night flight with my FSX 'dead' sim.
C'mon..are you selling SUNSHINE here or what? Where's the DATA?
[b][color=#4080FF]Happy SKIES to ALL[/color][/b][/quote]

DUDE, all you need to do is buy some eyeglasses and see the data, differences, and forum posts.
You just appear Negative to argue, while many others are enjoying P3D v2.2 with their A2A Accusim Birds,
and you just miss out (they only spent $60 for an Academic License). YOU OWN P3D & didn't install it?
Now, who is penny wise and $ foolish??? It's really a straight forward install; HONEST.

SORRY for calling your bluff.
Best Regards,
VPA437/91st 323rd BS
TOMAS Muñoz

nullack
Senior Airman

Post by nullack »

SLI isn't officially supported on either platform as of now. P3ds support is experimental currently and is expected to be featured fully in an upcoming release. FSX is incompatible with SLI.
A2A Accusim Piper Cherokee 180, Piper Comanche 250, Cessna 172, Cessna 182, Civilian P-51 Mustang, Military P-51 Mustang, B-17 Flying Fortress, T-6 Texan

Raptor05121
Senior Airman

Post by Raptor05121 »

P3D is currently developing a 64-bit version of the program, so we'll see even better gains. I've tossed my installation of FSX since I've bought 2.0 and it keeps getting better with every release
-Alex

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”