A2A / Accu-Sim popularity continues to accelerate

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

A2A / Accu-Sim popularity continues to accelerate

Post by Scott - A2A »

During the past 6+ months, with MS Flight talk, some were predicting the demise of FSX. However, through that talk, every one of our indicators showed either a steady or accelerated growth then and to date. So far, there is no sign of it slowing down (our growth chart continues to bend upwards over time). The reasons we think are rather simple.

Flight Simulator X is the recipient of two decades and millions of dollars of a strong and building development
This gives you both an enormous package, a reliable program, and solid engineering. You simply cannot compete without a massive team and financial budget.

Comparing apples to apples, MS Flight does not begin to offer an alternative to FSX
For $30, you get an entire globe to explore, real world weather, all kinds of traffic, and a fleet of aircraft. We monitored activity before, during, and after MS Flights release, and could not see even a 1% change in any trends. It is as if, it does not exist. This just shows the A2A / FSX customer is VERY happy

SimConnect, Hello Accu-Sim
Microsoft's move to make ESP for commercial applications, meant they invested heavily in opening up the core engine. This allows us to turn off entire sections of FSX code, and replace it, in full, with our own growing flight simulation engine, Accu-Sim. The Spitfire is to Britain in 1940, as Simconnect is to FSX. It is a marvel and allows us to continue to develop within our own environment, and allow that environment to seamlessly come through in FSX.

Additionally, with all of the Mustangs available, we were expecting a decrease in our Mustang popularity. However, our latest Accu-Sim Mustang is our most successful product launch to date, followed by the Accu-Sim Spitfire.

We now are working on some updates to our core Accu-Sim engine (Spitfire, P-40, and P-51) and Accu-Feel (#1 for popularity). This has been the best year at A2A (2011 was the best and before that 2010 was), thanks to our informed customers who can tell the difference on their own. We thank you, for allowing our products to speak for themselves, and we don't have to run around directly marketing our stuff all over the Internet. Our customers are our voice.

Thank you, and flight simming at A2A is still just beginning.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Sock307
Airman Basic

Re: A2A / Accu-Sim popularity continues to accelerate

Post by Sock307 »

Scott, ya'll are doing great work and in my opinion the sole reason FSX is living on. I will buy every single one of your products and recommend them to others. And as an active member in the pc gaming community, what is being released next by A2A keeps me in the most suspense compared to other companies. Keep up the great work!

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Scott,

Three weeks ago, I got back to simming after a five year break (real life...) but also a 30 year history of simming. The choice was a no-brainer between Flight and the highly modded FSX that guys like you and OrbX have constructed over the years. Got the A2A Cub to fly over OrbX PNW.

The withdrawal of MS from FS11 was the best thing that could have happened to this hobby as it has freed the developper community which is much more creative that the MS crew was, from the 3-year FS business cycle and gave you time to do real work. And computers are now up to speed, mostly. I hope that Prepar3D will be able to iron out the last flaws and introduce DX11.

I'm glad to understand that you see more progress to come. Thanks anyway as you already made our dreams when we were flying FS1, come true.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Scott - A2A wrote:Image

Scott.
Thanks Scott,

high standard in products is the best advertising for your customers :wink:
It is nice to read that this is "just the beginning" of high quality simulated aircraft :)
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Dominique wrote:The withdrawal of MS from FS11 was the best thing that could have happened to this hobby as it has freed the developper community which is much more creative that the MS crew was, from the 3-year FS business cycle and gave you time to do real work..
Agreed... I just wish the cutoff would have happend after SP3 with proper GPU rendering. ;)
Happy Landings
- Patrick

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Jigsaw wrote:
Dominique wrote:The withdrawal of MS from FS11 was the best thing that could have happened to this hobby as it has freed the developper community which is much more creative that the MS crew was, from the 3-year FS business cycle and gave you time to do real work..
Agreed... I just wish the cutoff would have happend after SP3 with proper GPU rendering. ;)

Yeah I am glad FSX is still the main platform for a lot of developers. We shall see where P3D goes. P3D seems a lot like what FSX could have been if the Aces team was able to continue to improve and support the FSX engine. I haven't jumped on the P3D bandwagon yet but when they get DX11 working right, it just might be tempting, especially if FSX addons work. Imagine flying your A2A P-51 in a DX-11 world, free of most or all FSX DX 'preview' bugs. If P3D is sucessful, I think it could be the eventual evolution of FSX in the long term.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Redlightning777
Airman

Post by Redlightning777 »

Its posts like this that give to me the image that A2A really cares for its products and its customers... fantastic service all around! Congratulations!

Ishigami
Airman First Class

Post by Ishigami »

Congratulations then.

It is really nice that you also prove that this success is possible without screwing your costumers over with ridiculous levels of DRM.

Thank you very much!

glsimpilot
Airman

Post by glsimpilot »

During the past 6+ months, with MS Flight talk, some were predicting the demise of FSX. However, through that talk, every one of our indicators showed either a steady or accelerated growth then and to date. So far, there is no sign of it slowing down (our growth chart continues to bend upwards over time). The reasons we think are rather simple.

Flight Simulator X is the recipient of two decades and millions of dollars of a strong and building development
This gives you both an enormous package, a reliable program, and solid engineering. You simply cannot compete without a massive team and financial budget.

Comparing apples to apples, MS Flight does not begin to offer an alternative to FSX
For $30, you get an entire globe to explore, real world weather, all kinds of traffic, and a fleet of aircraft. We monitored activity before, during, and after MS Flights release, and could not see even a 1% change in any trends. It is as if, it does not exist. This just shows the A2A / FSX customer is VERY happy

Microsoft's move to make ESP for commercial applications, meant they invested heavily in opening up the core engine. This allows us to turn off entire sections of FSX code, and replace it, in full, with our own growing flight simulation engine, Accu-Sim. The Spitfire is to Britain in 1940, as Simconnect is to FSX. It is a marvel and allows us to continue to develop within our own environment, and allow that environment to seamlessly come through in FSX.

Additionally, with all of the Mustangs available, we were expecting a decrease in our Mustang popularity. However, our latest Accu-Sim Mustang is our most successful product launch to date, followed by the Accu-Sim Spitfire.

We now are working on some updates to our core Accu-Sim engine (Spitfire, P-40, and P-51) and Accu-Feel (#1 for popularity). This has been the best year at A2A (2011 was the best and before that 2010 was), thanks to our informed customers who can tell the difference on their own. We thank you, for allowing our products to speak for themselves, and we don't have to run around directly marketing our stuff all over the Internet. Our customers are our voice.

Scott.

+1 and Thank You!

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

Since I started flying AccuSim aircraft back in 2010 with the P-47, I fly nothing else. A2A/AccuSim or bust (there is one exception to that but anyway..)!

Excellent work by all, and here is to A2A!!! :idea:

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

Joey
Airman First Class

Post by Joey »

Scott.
I too agree that FSX is going to live on. Plus, I already have Flight on my computer via Steam, and Flight has got some more improved details, but you can get twice the coverage or scenery just by buying a 10 dollar scenery package. Also, my Steam account has updates and news bulletins about Flight, and as of July of 2012, production and development stopped, where as FSX is STILL improving eight years after its initial release in 2006.
-Иосиф

Спасибо!

ThomasL
Airman

Post by ThomasL »

FSX will surely continue to be the platform of reference because of the huge developments that has been done for it.
Accu-Sim is one of them, and not a small one. I will continue to use FSX as long as the best content makers are developing for it. :-)

Thank you for making such great product. I am really happy to read that everything is going well for you guys. You just get what you deserve for the excellent work you did!

Thomas, a more than happy customer ;-)
Thomas L. - Rookie Pilot & Navigator
B-17G & AccuSim fan.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Accu sim is definitely the future. Anyone who has flown a plane in real life and has flown an accu sim plane knows exactly what I'm talking about. I hope A2A gets big enough to produce their own flight simulator program to replace fsx in the future.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”