P-51H In Development with partners

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
McDonnell-Douglas
Senior Airman

Re: P-51H In Development with partners

Post by McDonnell-Douglas »

I am really interested in how this project will unfold partially because I am excited by the prospect of a P-51H (The ultimate high performance version), a further development of XP-51F and XP-51G lightweight models, but also due to the notrious difficulty of finding difinitive information on the aircraft. A2A will likely uncover a lot of information that could be useful to the general community, warbird analysts etc :mrgreen:

I remember looking at P-51H, P-47M and P-47N performance data last year; so dificult to analyse and figure out the difinitive performance :? Especially on the P-51H. Whilst speed is unanimously stated as faster than the P-51D, climb rate varies enourmously. One test states climb rate is little different than the P-51D only being around 300-500ft at a weight ~ 9500lbs better whilst other charts have the P-51H just short of 3900ft/min @20,000ft and 3300ft/min @25,000ft at a weight of 9500lbs. Furthermore there is non definitive stipulation of what classes as a clean configuration, and whether the engineer tests were in true clean, wings racks or not?

This produced other questions. The effect of the P-51H's ~2000hp+ engine at WEP and how this engine scales with altitude and how this effects its power to weight ratio, climb and speed (likely two different charts)? The effect of the wing racks (bomb and rocket) on speed and climb rate? The effect of the P-51H's wing? and overall aerodynamics. Was it built for high speed or climbing?

(It always impresses me how well the P-47 climbed even with the Hamilton Paddle-Blade climbed with such a poor overall power to weight ratio in comparison to other fighter; until it reached 25,000ft+ where it started to increase realtive to starved engines on other fighters.)

Whilst I continue my research at a later date the A2A P-51H can't come soon enough. Yes I have very little in the way of obligations :lol: (a life).

Sundog
Airman

Post by Sundog »

Is this project still in development? I'm just curious since I haven't heard any news on it in a long time.

Regards,

Ken

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Ken,

Yes, it's very close to completion actually, we're working on the manual atm. We should have some specific information out in the coming days.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

richstacy
Senior Airman

Post by richstacy »

Scott - A2A wrote:Ken,

Yes, it's very close to completion actually, we're working on the manual atm. We should have some specific information out in the coming days.

Scott.
That is good news! :D

Sundog
Airman

Post by Sundog »

Thanks Scott, that's excellent news. I've been really looking forward to this one.

Sundog
Airman

Post by Sundog »

:::bump:::

It's been a little over two months, so I hope I'm not being too annoying here, just trying to not be "out of sight, out of mind." ;)

As this and the F-82 are my favorite Mustangs (of the ones built), I'm looking forward to having a native FSX P-51H, since we haven't had one since FS2002, though that one did work in FS2004.

thomas_mac
Senior Airman

Post by thomas_mac »

Sundog wrote::::bump:::

It's been a little over two months, so I hope I'm not being too annoying here, just trying to not be "out of sight, out of mind." ;)

As this and the F-82 are my favorite Mustangs (of the ones built), I'm looking forward to having a native FSX P-51H, since we haven't had one since FS2002, though that one did work in FS2004.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=38819

You and me both! Hopefully this helps.

Sundog
Airman

Post by Sundog »

Thanks for the link, progress indeed. :)

richstacy
Senior Airman

Post by richstacy »

thomas_mac wrote:

I am a tad confused at to exactly what is being developed? It will not be accusim, but will be A2A? :?

thomas_mac
Senior Airman

Post by thomas_mac »

richstacy wrote:
thomas_mac wrote:

I am a tad confused at to exactly what is being developed? It will not be accusim, but will be A2A? :?
This may help!
http://www.a2asimulations.com/product_guide.html

Sundog
Airman

Post by Sundog »

:::bumped::: just to keep it within sight.

richstacy
Senior Airman

Post by richstacy »

WHEN??

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

Devs decided to make it accusim in the last minute ? :lol:

No probably not. Maybe A2A just preferred to focus on the other projects ?
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

Sundog
Airman

Post by Sundog »

Bumped, because it was time. ;)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

All on me now as I finish up the red tape. Will be next release for the AF line.

Thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”