P-51H In Development with partners

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Re: P-51H In Development with partners

Post by Bomber_12th »

Excellent news, Lewis! I have been looking forward to seeing the results of all of the work that has gone into it. I know you guys have worked with Norm and the rest of the guys at the Chanute Museum to produce the P-51H. As there was recently mention that there is a good chance that you'll be doing an AT-6, I thought it worth noting that Norm has since been involved now on the restoration of the Chanute Museum's AT-6.

I know without Accusim there are certain aspects that can't be incorporated, but I'm hoping the flight dynamics for the H-model will be in/near the same league and thus very comparable to the Accusim D-model.
John Terrell

Sundog
Airman

Post by Sundog »

Thanks for the heads up Lewis, good news indeed.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I'm just looking forward to the release so the next accusim bird can be out or at least next in line to be out. I'm sure af planes are nice but I'm accusimmed spoiled.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Good to hear she is coming soon... This will be my second Aircraft Factory purchase as the only other one I have is the Corsair. Can only hope to get the H accu-simmed someday. Both the D models have been quite a blast, and the H would surely be a hot rod. Who knows maybe will be nice to not have to worry about engine temps and stuff for once again. :mrgreen:
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

rgatkinson
Airman

Post by rgatkinson »

Is there any news as to when the much awaited P-51H for FSX is likely to be available?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

P-51H In Development with partners

Post by Scott - A2A »

We hoped to have it put by now but some unexpected demands from other areas pushed it out. We're trying for pre Christmas. Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Stormpaw
Airman

Post by Stormpaw »

That is very interesting. I'm more than happy with the P-51D, but will definitely pick up the P-51H to help support the Chanute Air Museum.

I visited the museum a number of years ago, and had a great time. I also happen to have been born at Chanute AFB.

fsxar177
Senior Airman

Post by fsxar177 »

Pre-Christmas would be excellent!

RTW 2015 here we come!

- Joseph

rgatkinson
Airman

Post by rgatkinson »

Scott - A2A wrote:We hoped to have it put by now but some unexpected demands from other areas pushed it out. We're trying for pre Christmas. Scott.

Thought you meant Christmas 2014, obviously not :( Seriously though is there any news regarding a soon(ish) release date? Here's hoping :)

Taff

oakfloor
Senior Airman

Post by oakfloor »

rgatkinson wrote:
Scott - A2A wrote:We hoped to have it put by now but some unexpected demands from other areas pushed it out. We're trying for pre Christmas. Scott.

Thought you meant Christmas 2014, obviously not :( Seriously though is there any news regarding a soon(ish) release date? Here's hoping :)

Taff
Keep hoping..

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I used to pump gas at Half Moon Bay Airport back in the '60s and '70s. First for flying lessons, then for bux to get my '50 Panhead back together. Many great stories; many fine adventures. I could wash ten 150s, 172s, and 182s in a day, in addition to gassing anything that taxied up to the pump. It was a slow Sunday afternoon in late summer, with clear weather. I heard the growl of a Merlin. Quickly I hosed the soap off a wing and ran out in front of the hangar so I could see the approach. I heard the snarl pop pop of a Mustang on final. Hmm. Not your usual Mustang. The guy taxied up to the pump. Definitely not your run-of-the-mill D-model. No dogleg on the leading edge. Small tires. Tall fin. A little bit like the bastard child of a P-51D and a F-8F. It was finished in perfect silver paint with USAAF markings. It had an N-number which ended in "51H." I handed the 100/130 nozzle up to the pilot and he gassed the airplane, first one wing, then the other. A kid got out of the back (similar to that scene with "Captain Jake" in the A2A video) and they went in to the airport cafe and got the proverbial hunnert dollar hamburger. After they were done, the Old Man (Frank Sylvestri, who flew P-47s in WWII) interrupted his busy schedule to come out to the ramp and watch the startup of the P-51H. The guy taxied it out and took off. What a beautiful machine. OK. That was nice. Back to work, you suckers!

You guys come out with a 51H, and I WILL buy it. Damn Cub is too slow anyway!

Seeya
ATB

spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by spadjockey »

TeaseTeaseTeaseTeaseTeaseTeaseTeaseTease

ebo
Master Sergeant

Re: AW: P-51H In Development with partners

Post by ebo »

spadjockey wrote:TeaseTeaseTeaseTeaseTeaseTeaseTeaseTease
LOL. would be another great addition!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9500 mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sorry guys, things have been popping up left right and center as is the nature of the beast

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by spadjockey »

oakfloor wrote:
rgatkinson wrote:

Taff
Keep hoping..
that's what he meant

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”