P-51H In Development with partners

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Re: P-51H In Development with partners

Post by Mig_Driver »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Image
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

stiz wrote:...Despite what you say it DID have underwing hardpoints same as the D.
You are correct. I'd never seen pictures of the H model with anything other than drop tanks and the Mustang books I have don't show them either. Even on the Heatwave project site, most of the "period" pictures of the P-51H don't show the rocket points (I don't consider the drop-tank pylons to be "hardpoints" since for the P-51H most missions were long-range and thus needed the drop tanks more than bombs).

John Ward
Airman Basic

Post by John Ward »

Hi Scott, and everybody else too,

My first post here guys, so hello all.

As some of us are still using the 2D cockpits, and this is my all-time favourite aircraft, can a 2D cockpit PLEASE, PLEASE, be included??

Regards,
John Ward

richstacy
Senior Airman

Post by richstacy »

John Ward wrote:Hi Scott, and everybody else too,

As some of us are still using the 2D cockpits, and this is my all-time favourite aircraft, can a 2D cockpit PLEASE, PLEASE, be included??

Regards,
John Ward

With the latest technology you certianly won't need a 2D. the WOP P-51H for FS9 was super fun to fly. the instruments are more accessible for sim flying. and FSX version will be great news!

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

John Ward wrote:Hi Scott, and everybody else too,

Regards,
John Ward
No A2A products for FSX, since the Stratocruiser at least, have included a @D panel. There's no chance for one now, computers and virtual cockpit quality are on par, and they offer a more realistic flying experience; depth perception changes things a lot.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

That said, I remember not liking it much when A2A abandoned the traditional 2D instrument panel with the Wings of Power 2 "WWII Fighters" collection and instead gave the new aircraft mini panels. With time I became used to operating from the VC view, and eventually the only 2D panels I really missed from the original FS9 Mustangs were the electrical panel and fuel tank selector. With a little experimentation I figured out how to salvage those panels from the original WoP P-51D and add them to the WoP2 P-51D. I've done that with both FS9 and FSX.

There is already an existing 2D windscreen/instruments panel for the P-51H that was part of the original P-51D/H package. That panel and the other P-51H panels could be offered as a separate zip file for anybody who wants to add them to the new P-51H, for whatever reason.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Yes, that is correct. We do have some very nice 2D panels already made for the former P-51H, and can include these with the new one.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

tommieboy
Airman

Post by tommieboy »

Accusim is not important to me as I don't have enough free time to invest in any in-depth aircraft system. I am quite happy with the two current Aircraft Factory offerings that are provided via A2A, and will most definitely purchase the AF P-51H too.

Tommy
Tommy Mitomi

AndyDelko
Airman Basic

Post by AndyDelko »

I remember how i fell in love with the P-51, when our teacher passionately told us how it shifted the balance in the air war. :) That was, probably, a bold statement but still...
what does mba stand for
Multi Multa; Nemo omnia novit

Jshek
Airman

Post by Jshek »

An accusimed P51H would be perfect for the FASA air races! RM 14SM (Merlin 100) at 25lbs of boost!
Jshek
FASA Dedicated Staff Member
TeamSpeak 3 @ "ts3.digitalthemepark.com"
Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FsxAirSportsAssociation
Website @ http://www.fsxairsports.com

ImageImage

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

Jshek wrote:An accusimed P51H would be perfect for the FASA air races! RM 14SM (Merlin 100) at 25lbs of boost!

110" of manifold pressure, could give us another 50-75 knots.

Just think of all the excuses ;)
Buzz313th
FASA Founder and dedicated Staff Member

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

Speaking of which... Does anyone know if the Water/Alcohol Injection (Anti Detonation) on the P-51H is auto controlled through engine load/Manifold Pressure or is it manually controlled via a pilot operated switch?
Buzz313th

richstacy
Senior Airman

Post by richstacy »

Scott - A2A wrote:Yes, that is correct. We do have some very nice 2D panels already made for the former P-51H, and can include these with the new one.

Scott.
That's good, I hope John Ward is still paying attention. He will like that. There are times when you need to monitor certain instruments or switches and controls and be monitoring the ground at the same time. i loved flying the FS9 P-51H and in fact I once spent a month flying it around the world.

I understand the new P-51H will have some modern avionics? Much as I love to hand-fly this machine, any cross country over 150 miles sort of needs an autopilot of some sort. And yes, I know ctrl-Z and H. But it's nice to have a heading bug and be able to fly from one VOR to the next on a long x-country. :)

Is there a time-table on release? Will it be an upgrade or a whole separate purchase?

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

I believe the new avionics you saw are scheduled to be released in the upcoming civi version of the "D" model.
Buzz313th

richstacy
Senior Airman

Post by richstacy »

Buzz313th wrote:I believe the new avionics you saw are scheduled to be released in the upcoming civi version of the "D" model.

Oh, OK thanks.Rich

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”