First Look: Curtiss P-40 Warhawk

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: First Look: Curtiss P-40 Warhawk

Post by Scott - A2A »

Just chatting with Ian via Skype. We've just piped in some cool systems into the P-40. While we were working on the manual wobble pump, we ended up re-coding the core fuel delivery system, mainly the area that controls pressures. This will yet be another improvement our early Accu-Sim spits will receive (and our forthcoming P-51) when we do the core engine update with the P-40 release. What is nice about piping new aircraft into the core engine is it makes you step back and better design things by 'testing' the system to see how well it accepts new technologies.

Also, for those familiar with our propeller physics in our Spitfire, the Curtiss electric prop can be operated in either auto or fixed mode with the flick of a switch. Choose auto, and it is a constant speed, choose fixed, and it is a fixed-pitch variable you can manually change the pitch.

The Allison engine also sounds nice and throaty and the engine produces proper power from sea level all the way up through 30,000 feet. We are currently using 41" for takeoff, but you can really over-boost the engine if you wish for short periods. You are not supposed to, and bad things can happen, but there isn't a limiter in there so it's a very manual, raw machine.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHR
Airman

Post by DHR »

Thank you ! Thank you!

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

Excellent Scott!
Lukas
ImageImage

blackhawks
Technical Sergeant

Post by blackhawks »

Can't wait for this!!! Love all the mini-update posts, keep 'em coming.
-mike

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

I should probably add that Scott and I weren't chatting on Skype about me doing anything for A2A, before anyone gets any ideas... I'm not up to their standards!

The bit of the conversation about the P-40 was Scott saying "we've included this and this" and me drooling like a loony. :roll:

Cheers,

Ian P.

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Just out of curiousity, Scott, will the external textures receive an upgrade as well, or will they remain the same as before?

JanKees
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Will the reflections on the cockpit's interior glass be toned down? Will the sound phasing be corrected?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Skycat,

I PM'd you a while ago, no response. Did you get the PM? If not, can you PM me?

We are going through the model atm. We are hoping to maintain compatibility with existing 3rd party paints yet increase quality.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

That would be very good Scott, very good indeed.

Erlk0enig
A2A Mechanic

Post by Erlk0enig »

Ahh, you have corrected the engine Spec in teh maintenance hangar from "C-33" to "C-15" :D . Will we get more pics in the near future, pleeaase?
Best Regards,
Ralf

R9 7900 X, 64 GB DDR5, RTX4090, HP Reverb G2

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Scott - A2A wrote: We are going through the model atm. We are hoping to maintain compatibility with existing 3rd party paints yet increase quality.
Scott.
Well, if you decide to redo the texture layout and resolution, I'd be more than happy to redo my paints.
These were my very first forays into the wonderful world of photoshop, so I might be able to improve them as well.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

jcblom wrote:
Scott - A2A wrote: We are going through the model atm. We are hoping to maintain compatibility with existing 3rd party paints yet increase quality.
Scott.
Well, if you decide to redo the texture layout and resolution, I'd be more than happy to redo my paints.
These were my very first forays into the wonderful world of photoshop, so I might be able to improve them as well.

Hi Jan;

Hope all's been well with you.

Something of special interest to me personally is the FSX future of 5412V. When we get into the new Accusimmed 51D, can you possibly upgrade 5412V from the FS9 textures into the new aircraft?
I'd really like to have that bird for obvious reasons.
Best as always,
Dudley

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Dudley Henriques wrote:
jcblom wrote: Hi Jan;
Something of special interest to me personally is the FSX future of 5412V. When we get into the new Accusimmed 51D, can you possibly upgrade 5412V from the FS9 textures into the new aircraft?
Best as always,
Dudley
Hi Dudley,
yes, all is well, but I'm moving to Belgium over the next week, so my painting is currently a bit slow.
On the other hand, the P-51 isn't there yet, so we have a bit of time, so count on me for a new version of 5412V, assuming there will be paintkit of course.

Cheers,
JanKees

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

jcblom wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:
jcblom wrote: Hi Jan;
Best as always,
Dudley
Hi Dudley,
yes, all is well, but I'm moving to Belgium over the next week, so my painting is currently a bit slow.
On the other hand, the P-51 isn't there yet, so we have a bit of time, so count on me for a new version of 5412V, assuming there will be paintkit of course.

Cheers,
JanKees
Many thanks Jan. We'll keep in touch as things progress I'm sure.
Best as always,
D

Stuntie
Senior Airman

Post by Stuntie »

Ooo excellent.

I still fly the P-40 more the P-47 as I prefer the look and feel of the P-40. (And am definately a Wild Bill Kelso fan...)
An Accusimed P-40 is the icing on the cake for me.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”