What is the latest on A2A F4U developement?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Pigeon Jockey
Airman

What is the latest on A2A F4U developement?

Post by Pigeon Jockey »

Heard they were working on her, but nothing new of late?
Pidgeon

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Re: What is the latest on A2A F4U developement?

Post by CAPFlyer »

A2A released their F4U quite some time ago. Beyond that, they have never confirmed any further development.

Pigeon Jockey
Airman

Post by Pigeon Jockey »

CAPFlyer wrote:A2A released their F4U quite some time ago. Beyond that, they have never confirmed any further development.
Oh? I thought I read it was one of a number of future/upcoming projects? The one you are referring to was done by the "Flight Factory". Did A2A acquire the "Factory"?

Pidgeon

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Pidgeon Jockey wrote:
CAPFlyer wrote:A2A released their F4U quite some time ago. Beyond that, they have never confirmed any further development.
Oh? I thought I read it was one of a number of future/upcoming projects? The one you are referring to was done by the "Flight Factory". Did A2A acquire the "Factory"?

Pidgeon

"Aircraft Factory" is an A2A operation.

Perhaps you mistook the planned "McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II" for the "F-4U" .

Paul

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I don't recall ever seeing the F4U as a confirmed A2A project. The F4 "Phantom", on the other hand, has been showed as a 'work in progress.'

We haven't heard anything more about the Aircraft Factory product line since the F4U was released, so I'm guessing that this was an experiment that has since been abandoned?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

Skycat: FYI: last Aircraft Factory plane is the He-219 Uhu.

OT: I don't remember anything regarding development for the F4U either. You must be mistaking it for the F-4..
Lukas
ImageImage

Pigeon Jockey
Airman

Post by Pigeon Jockey »

Thank you guys. I stand corrected.

"Pidgeon"

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I forgot about the Uhu because one had already been released for FS9 a few years back.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Pigeon Jockey
Airman

Post by Pigeon Jockey »

Frankly speaking, the feedback I've gotten on the present F4u hasn't been favorable. A retailer suggested I not purchase it. They said perhaps A2A might put it into production in the future. She's a "looker" in my opinion. Considered the P47 but can't convince myself to get it 8) . Hooked/ mind set on a good ol Marine FU4. OORAH! :P

Pigeon

badaboom
Senior Airman

Post by badaboom »

It's nice............but its not Accusimmed :( Therefore it lacks that Magical immersion that keeps you coming back for more.
Patrick

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Pigeon Jockey wrote:Frankly speaking, the feedback I've gotten on the present F4u hasn't been favorable. A retailer suggested I not purchase it. They said perhaps A2A might put it into production in the future. She's a "looker" in my opinion. Considered the P47 but can't convince myself to get it 8) . Hooked/ mind set on a good ol Marine FU4. OORAH! :P

Pigeon
You are severely missing out with ANY Accu-Sim aircraft, P-47 included. I still find the P-47 to be one of my favorite aircraft to this day to fly in FSX... an endorsement I will not easily give.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

The P-47 is still my favorite also, even though the evolution of AccuSim products has made it feel somewhat primitive now and needy of a refresh. My great hope is that eventually A2A will turn their attention towards making a series of Pratt & Whitney R-2800 'Double Wasp' equipped airframes, including F4Us, F6Fs, and some later model P-47s. :)
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

Accu-Sim has progressed since the Thunderbolt was released but it's still my favorite to fly. The difference betwee the Spitfire and the Thunderbolt is like going from a sportscar back to a big beautiful Cadillac. At least for me.
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

badaboom
Senior Airman

Post by badaboom »

Skycat wrote:The P-47 is still my favorite also, even though the evolution of AccuSim products has made it feel somewhat primitive now and needy of a refresh. My great hope is that eventually A2A will turn their attention towards making a series of Pratt & Whitney R-2800 'Double Wasp' equipped airframes, including F4Us, F6Fs, and some later model P-47s. :)
+1000000 Oh that would be fantastic!! :D
Patrick

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

badaboom wrote:
Skycat wrote:The P-47 is still my favorite also, even though the evolution of AccuSim products has made it feel somewhat primitive now and needy of a refresh. My great hope is that eventually A2A will turn their attention towards making a series of Pratt & Whitney R-2800 'Double Wasp' equipped airframes, including F4Us, F6Fs, and some later model P-47s. :)
+1000000 Oh that would be fantastic!! :D
With the flagship being the Douglas DC-6.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”