Accu-Sim Spitfire Video: "Propellers"

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Markoz
Senior Airman

Re: Accu-Sim Spitfire Video: "Propellers"

Post by Markoz »

After viewing that video. All I can say is WOW! You guys really do some fantastic things with your aircraft using Accu-Sim! I will be buying this. I have been waiting for the P-51's Accu-Sim for ages, but I guess I need to wait a little longer for it.

Mark
Intel Core i7 3770K | 16GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX470 | 24" LCD Monitor | 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 2TB HDD | Windows 7 Profession 64 bit & Window 8 64 bit

ImageImageImage

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Markoz wrote:After viewing that video. All I can say is WOW! You guys really do some fantastic things with your aircraft using Accu-Sim! I will be buying this. I have been waiting for the P-51's Accu-Sim for ages, but I guess I need to wait a little longer for it.

Mark
Your wait for the 51 won't have been made in vain. The P51D that will be forthcoming from A2A will be THE definitive P51D ever produced for MSFS.
Trust me on this one. :-))
Dudley Henriques

alexf
Senior Airman

Post by alexf »

CC ready! Wow!
Alex

Image ImageImage

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

Spitfire, as she lives and breathes!

You appear to have created the living aircraft. I thought the P47 and J3 were great. I look forward to seeing this hit the virtual shelf on sale and wish you all the best in the final development stages and release.

Rest assured that I will be getting this! One of the most iconic aircraft in history, regardless, and done with such passion...

I cannot wait to put her on! One talks not of climbing into a Spitfire, but of donning her as a suit...

Thank you for allowing us to experience something that so few get to see in real life!

Andrew
Andrew
i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), ASUS MAXIMUS X Hero, 16Gb RAM
EVGA GTX1070Ti, Win10Pro on Samsung M2 500Gb SSD, P3D V4 on 850 EVO 1Tb
Accusim (P3D): T6/Comanche/Cherokee/Spitfire/P51D Mustang (Civ)/V-Tail Bonanza

Lenop
Airman

Post by Lenop »

I'm looking forward to first master the Mk.I first and then gradulately "get" all the improvements like the new props on the aircraft. To really study the performance of the aircraft and master it before getting the upgrades must be great. Although I have to resist myself only using the highest performance aircraft. :-)

@ Mr. Henriques, I remember you posting something about real-world display flying for the Mustang on this board because you fly the Mustang in real life. Would you be able to say something about display flying the Spirfire too, just how it is being done on airshows all around the world? Thanks for your imput and can't wait for the A2A Mustang too.
Image, Image

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Lenop wrote:I'm looking forward to first master the Mk.I first and then gradulately "get" all the improvements like the new props on the aircraft. To really study the performance of the aircraft and master it before getting the upgrades must be great. Although I have to resist myself only using the highest performance aircraft. :-)

@ Mr. Henriques, I remember you posting something about real-world display flying for the Mustang on this board because you fly the Mustang in real life. Would you be able to say something about display flying the Spirfire too, just how it is being done on airshows all around the world? Thanks for your imput and can't wait for the A2A Mustang too.
Unfortunately I have only limited time in the Spitfire (a Mk16) and have not had the pleasure of displaying one.
I would go so far however, as to suggest that were I to display a Spit, the general display routine would be about the same as for the Mustang taking the lesser gross weight into consideration of course.
Generally speaking, in displaying any prop fighter of the WW2 vintage, we try to keep the display as smooth as possible, rolls on a parabolic curve, and all maneuvers flown in about the +4 g range using no more than METO power settings. (METO= Maximum Except Take Off ) or less as called for whenever possible.

I think if you approached the subject of display in the Spitfire along these lines you would be pretty much in the ballpark.

Dudley Henriques

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Excellent stuff! I can smell the oil already. She can't be far off now. :D
Happy Landings
- Patrick

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

check the notification at 9 seconds into the vid :D
Lukas
ImageImage

q3ark
Senior Airman

Post by q3ark »

MTFDarkEagle wrote:check the notification at 9 seconds into the vid :D
Yeh that caught my eye too. Do you think it might be this weekend? after all it said "to be released in the coming days" not "coming weeks".

Man I can't wait, feel like a kid all over again, this is the aircraft that got me interested in aviation in the first place. I used to watch the battle of britain all the time when I was young just to see the spitfires and huricanes flying around.
ImageImage

fu_manchu_72
Airman

Post by fu_manchu_72 »

Just watched the video. I loved it, such detail has never been heard of. I can't wait to fly it.

lawdawg
Senior Airman

Post by lawdawg »

I join in the chorus also.
Really excited about this. Hope it's very soon.
Chad (PAEN)

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

If you look at the 14 second mark in the video it says on the bottom of the screen "To be released in the coming days." To me that means this week at some point (hopefully by Friday).
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

Yep that's what I pointed out as well :D

I hope it's this week!
Can't wait for this beautifull aircraft to become another plane in my hangar :)
Lukas
ImageImage

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

MTFDarkEagle wrote:check the notification at 9 seconds into the vid :D
My bad. I just noticed it for the umteenth time watching the video, and figured I would share it with people. Glad to see I wasn't the only one that noticed (first few times was to busy looking at the plane/maintenance hangar).
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

-Zorro-
Airman First Class

Post by -Zorro- »

Excellent work, count me in when it is released!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”