missing weight and balance?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
cessna lover

missing weight and balance?

Post by cessna lover »

unlike the default airplanes the A2A Cessna's and the Cherokee are missing the center of gravity symbol why is that? I can also post a picture for more information on what I'm talking about as well.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: missing weight and balance?

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
A2A do not use the default fuel and load page , Default aircraft do , and i think A2A are just trying to give you as much realism as possible , by makeing you see how it sits on the ground when loaded , which should tell you if CG is fwd or back from the CG position , as real GA aircraft as far as i know dont have a CG gauge.
The A2A aircraft that do have a CG reading in the shift+4 fuel/load popup are the B377/GUPPY/L049.
regards alan. 8)

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

oh ok. well when i fly i fly by my self any way. so weight and balance isn't an issue. lol

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Also do not use default w&b, only the provided 2d pop up to set weight.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

cessna lover wrote:oh ok. well when i fly i fly by my self any way. so weight and balance isn't an issue. lol
Weight and Balance can be an issue on some types even with one passenger. I have flown in a 182Q for example that could have a CG too far forward with full fuel tanks a "big and tall" pilot and a 20-25 flight bag in the right seat. Mind you it would barely be forward of the CG limit, but it goes to show that having x number of pax is not the deciding factor on whether you need to do a W&B.

I've watched 2 a plane crash on "takeoff" IRL due to bad CG loading. Thankfully no one was hurt as the plane couldn't get off the ground because it couldn't bring its nose up. They were able to abort and crash into the AP fence and walk away from a trashed plane. Had they gotten into the air they may have died given the surrounding terrain and obstacles.

W&B is fairly simple to do, but you do need to look up the tables in the actual POH and probably use the factory default CG for the aircraft as a guideline. There are free apps for this as well that make short work of the task.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Calculating weight and balance is a good, basic skill for any pilot to have. If you have the Bonanza, you might want to see this post. The person who put up a W&B calculator for this plane did a terrific job and you can see what goes into the calculation.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”