The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:12 pm 
Offline
Airman Basic

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:19 pm
Posts: 4
Delete please.


Last edited by Loma on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:02 pm 
Offline
Airman First Class

Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 6:05 pm
Posts: 64
AKar wrote:
b3a wrote:
Ugly gets the job done, Like the Cessna Caravan.
Well, yes and no. Knowing both types in slight depth, Caravan is rather simple, modestly rugged airplane with rather good product support and support systems. Skyvan is of unnecessarily difficult design, relatively fragile construction and lacks of factory support. The Skyvan is an interesting airplane, and in its own way a rather cool type, but it has its other problems outside the looks which probably prevented it of ever being of any significance as a mainstream type.

-Esa


Yah I can tell you quite a bit about that Turbine Suburban as I call it, I have around 900 total time in Legacy and Ex model 208B's. I can defiantly say the legacy (steam gauge 208B's) are rugged. The g1000 caravan is rugged perfomance wise but damn if your operator flies the snot out of them like mine does the G1000's get some major gremlins fast.

That being said I would really love to see an accusim turbo prop. Mainly a PT-6


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:34 pm 
Offline
Senior Airman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:44 pm
Posts: 186
I wouldn't mind a turboprop either. I would probably prefer a higher performance/business aircraft such as a TBM/Pilatus PC-12/Epic, etc. better than a rugged plane like the Skyvan or Caravan, but I am not sure what everyone else would prefer.

Caleb

_________________
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.2, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: ’56 C172, ’64 PA-24 400


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:23 pm 
Offline
Airman First Class

Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 6:05 pm
Posts: 64
caleb1 wrote:
I wouldn't mind a turboprop either. I would probably prefer a higher performance/business aircraft such as a TBM/Pilatus PC-12/Epic, etc. better than a rugged plane like the Skyvan or Caravan, but I am not sure what everyone else would prefer.

Caleb


T-34C would be a blast!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:38 am 
Offline
A2A Mechanic
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 3846
b3a wrote:
AKar wrote:
b3a wrote:
Ugly gets the job done, Like the Cessna Caravan.
Well, yes and no. Knowing both types in slight depth, Caravan is rather simple, modestly rugged airplane with rather good product support and support systems. Skyvan is of unnecessarily difficult design, relatively fragile construction and lacks of factory support. The Skyvan is an interesting airplane, and in its own way a rather cool type, but it has its other problems outside the looks which probably prevented it of ever being of any significance as a mainstream type.

-Esa
Yah I can tell you quite a bit about that Turbine Suburban as I call it, I have around 900 total time in Legacy and Ex model 208B's. I can defiantly say the legacy (steam gauge 208B's) are rugged. The g1000 caravan is rugged perfomance wise but damn if your operator flies the snot out of them like mine does the G1000's get some major gremlins fast.
I don't recall any bigger issues specific to the G1000 on the Caravan, it seemed to keep up just fine. At least on a relatively new airplane, of specific s/n as it is usually. It appears to eat props fairly quickly (of course, depends a lot on how it is operated), and there was some modestly annoying structural stuff with them, but nothing too bad at all.

-Esa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:54 am 
Offline
Senior Airman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:08 am
Posts: 125
Location: LOWL
AKar wrote:
b3a wrote:
Skyvan (...) and lacks of factory support. The Skyvan is an interesting airplane, and in its own way a rather cool type, but it has its other problems outside the looks which probably prevented it of ever being of any significance as a mainstream type.

-Esa


Spares are extremely expensive. For example: A set of mains rims costs 25000$ and the fun thin is: you have to at least order 15 sets from dunlop, since they are made on demand. LP Fuel pumps are also expensive.

Otherwise it is very rugged. What it definitely doesn't like is sideloads on the nose gear, I would say this is the most vulnerable part.

Maximilian


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:08 am 
Offline
A2A Mechanic
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 3846
MaxZ wrote:
AKar wrote:
b3a wrote:
Skyvan (...) and lacks of factory support. The Skyvan is an interesting airplane, and in its own way a rather cool type, but it has its other problems outside the looks which probably prevented it of ever being of any significance as a mainstream type.

-Esa
Spares are extremely expensive. For example: A set of mains rims costs 25000$ and the fun thin is: you have to at least order 15 sets from dunlop, since they are made on demand. LP Fuel pumps are also expensive.

Otherwise it is very rugged. What it definitely doesn't like is sideloads on the nose gear, I would say this is the most vulnerable part.

Maximilian
Yeah, spares are expensive/not available, nose gear structure is ridiculous and very fragile, fuselage structure is stupid and in some circumstances basically irreparable, flight control system is of questionable design with this spaghetti of meter long rods chained together and riding on rollers which eat away the soft aluminum they are made of and obviously with no spares availability.... etc, minor annoyances! :mrgreen:

-Esa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:18 am 
Offline
Airman Basic

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:19 pm
Posts: 4
Well... Maybe the new Accu-Sim engine isn't an airplane after all but an instructor pilot? :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:42 am 
Offline
Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:10 am
Posts: 1045
Location: Arendal, Norway
Loma wrote:
Well... Maybe the new Accu-Sim engine isn't an airplane after all but an instructor pilot? :)


Now THAT’s what I call thinking outside the parcel! Good job!
It does fit many of the clues, however unlikely I think it is. :)

_________________
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:44 am 
Offline
Senior Airman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:18 am
Posts: 100
Location: France
Loma wrote:
Well... Maybe the new Accu-Sim engine isn't an airplane after all but an instructor pilot? :)

It's obviously going to be a BMW 535i E34 manual 5 speed from 1989 !
The M30B35 is by far the best engine to "accu-sim" :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:25 am 
Offline
Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:10 am
Posts: 1045
Location: Arendal, Norway
Marvin-E34 wrote:
Loma wrote:
Well... Maybe the new Accu-Sim engine isn't an airplane after all but an instructor pilot? :)

It's obviously going to be a BMW 535i E34 manual 5 speed from 1989 !
The M30B35 is by far the best engine to "accu-sim" :mrgreen:


Naah. It's to modern.

I'm all for an Accusimmed Citroën 2cv, with its lovely 602cc 2 cylinder engine. Lots of quirks.
And a lovely sound.

(I miss my summer car!)

_________________
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:09 am 
Offline
Senior Airman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:18 am
Posts: 100
Location: France
Medtner wrote:
Marvin-E34 wrote:
Loma wrote:
Well... Maybe the new Accu-Sim engine isn't an airplane after all but an instructor pilot? :)

It's obviously going to be a BMW 535i E34 manual 5 speed from 1989 !
The M30B35 is by far the best engine to "accu-sim" :mrgreen:


Naah. It's to modern.

I'm all for an Accusimmed Citroën 2cv, with its lovely 602cc 2 cylinder engine. Lots of quirks.
And a lovely sound.

(I miss my summer car!)

At least you are not going to get much torque steer on take-off with this engine :P

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:50 am 
Offline
Airman First Class

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:34 pm
Posts: 62
RichardFS wrote:
mattgn wrote:
RichardFS wrote:
Come on guys, a U2? Be real.
Not sure if serious.
A2A's specialty is GA and pistons. Why would they suddenly jump to a high altitude jet powered military aircraft?
Perhaps you didn't quite follow that U-2 was subtly humorous suggestion to play with the jet idea. ;) But it fits the "data" we think we have..... or that we make up from bits. :mrgreen:

-Esa[/quote]
The original suggestion was in humor but people seemed to have actually taken it and ran with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
Senior Airman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:44 pm
Posts: 186
b3a wrote:
caleb1 wrote:
I wouldn't mind a turboprop either. I would probably prefer a higher performance/business aircraft such as a TBM/Pilatus PC-12/Epic, etc. better than a rugged plane like the Skyvan or Caravan, but I am not sure what everyone else would prefer.

Caleb


T-34C would be a blast!


I like the T-34s. I think the piston one to me looks a bit (I'm not sure what the right word is but...) "neater" than the turbine T-34c, but either way, they both would be great if they came out! It does not matter what kind! :)

Loma wrote:
Well... Maybe the new Accu-Sim engine isn't an airplane after all but an instructor pilot? :)


Good guess.... It would be great to have a new "virtual instructor," especially if it could automatically (maybe with one purchase and it would activate it for all aircraft) be applied to all of the A2A planes. When a new plane comes out and I am unsure how to fly it, the instructor can help!

_________________
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.2, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: ’56 C172, ’64 PA-24 400


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:57 pm 
Offline
Senior Airman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:44 pm
Posts: 186
RichardFS wrote:
The original suggestion was in humor but people seemed to have actually taken it and ran with it.


My thoughts on the U-2 are that it would not make sense for A2A to make one of these. And yes, it did not make sense to me at first, but now it does make sense that the original suggestion was in humor.

Caleb

_________________
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.2, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: ’56 C172, ’64 PA-24 400


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cristi.neagu, joediamond, Tailspin45, Tomas Linnet and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group