What Are You Hoping Santa Is Bringing to your Hangar at Xmas

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Re: What Are You Hoping Santa Is Bringing to your Hangar at

Post by KotatehFox »

the processor and cooler i want for my new computer...my current computer is failing me and i cant afford the processor..people tell me to go used, but i dont trust used for this build..god what i would give to just finish it already after over a year of trying...be my first build and my first real pc and not some run down pc i had to kick every morning to get running
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Ron Attwood wrote:
Medtner wrote:
In the meantime I have taken the santa-role upon myself and have the MFG Crosswinds on the way aaaaand the Brunner CLS-E yoke (force feedback).
It'll be a good time in my simulator, learning the A2A GA-planes with much improved controls.
You WILL be a happy bunny. :lol:
As in Easter Bunny? I could use some chocolate with the MFG's and Brunner yoke. :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

KotatehFox wrote:the processor and cooler i want for my new computer...my current computer is failing me and i cant afford the processor..people tell me to go used, but i dont trust used for this build..god what i would give to just finish it already after over a year of trying...be my first build and my first real pc and not some run down pc i had to kick every morning to get running
Good luck. I finished building my first computer last April. Component prices went through the roof immediately. I think memory is double what it I paid in January. Craziness.

Cat3508
Airman First Class

Post by Cat3508 »

I doubt that Santa is coming to my place as the chimney is permanently blocked up. However, I think I will treat myself to some Orbx gear, seen as they have a good sale on. Looking at FTX Global Base Pack, and FTX Global Vector.
Have a happy Christmas.

Neil
CPU Intel i77740X FROST FLOW 240L Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299E GAMING, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G SKILL 32GB RipJaws Blue.

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Medtner wrote:As Ron Attwood says, there is no Santa. There's A2A, however, and they've postponed the presents a few weeks.

In the meantime I have taken the santa-role upon myself and have the MFG Crosswinds on the way aaaaand the Brunner CLS-E yoke (force feedback).
It'll be a good time in my simulator, learning the A2A GA-planes with much improved controls.
A 2000 euro yoke ! Will you be MY daddy ?

Enjoy !

I'll stick with my pathetic Saitek..... :cry:
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Gabe777 wrote:
Medtner wrote:As Ron Attwood says, there is no Santa. There's A2A, however, and they've postponed the presents a few weeks.

A 2000 euro yoke ! Will you be MY daddy ?

Enjoy !

I'll stick with my pathetic Saitek..... :cry:
Haha, I don’t have kids and have had a good autumn with lots of concerts.
I’ll quote from Richard Price’s “Lush Life”.
A character is asked if he has any kids:

“I’m my own kid.”

Isn’t that great? It’s one of my mottos now. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

Hi Erik - googled ya after seeing your comment on concerts and wow, your an amazing pianist! Saw the video on below link. We sure have members from all walks of life in the A2A family :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCrv3RnNg50

Mike

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Mikenor wrote:Hi Erik - googled ya after seeing your comment on concerts and wow, your an amazing pianist! Saw the video on below link. We sure have members from all walks of life in the A2A family :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCrv3RnNg50

Mike
Hey, thanks! You should listen to Medtner (I have a recording of his "Sonata Reminiscenza). Such beautiful music!

We are a diverse bunch here, indeed! From aircraft mechanics, via warbird-professionals, musicians, and much much more. All A2A-addicts, though. :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

In the absence of a new A2A release before the end of the year, I think Flight Replicas' announcement of a P3D/FSX Handley Page Halifax / Halton package is Christmas present enough for me. I can honestly say that if someone had asked me which wartime RAF aircraft I wanted to see developed, I would have instantly answered: "Halifax, with C.Mk VIII and Halton airliner versions". It looks like we are to get all three, and I couldn't be happier.

Of course, if A2A would officially announce that B-29 which I just know they are developing in secret, it would be the icing on the Christmas cake. :wink:

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Yeah, actually, A2A could bring us a present. They could post a teaser screenshot, or something cryptic like when they teased the Connie. Remember those long months of speculation and deep analysis of that single screenshot?

So, A2A, give us a present, if nothing else a screenshot of a rivet or another small detail of the upcoming Accusim-plane! :-D
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

A full blown A2A WW2 whole world Combat Simulator. :oops:
Snuffy

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

KotatehFox wrote:the processor and cooler i want for my new computer...my current computer is failing me and i cant afford the processor..people tell me to go used, but i dont trust used for this build..god what i would give to just finish it already after over a year of trying...be my first build and my first real pc and not some run down pc i had to kick every morning to get running
Do trust used....but insist on seeing receipt as proof of age.

I may be selling my 4 month old i5 7600k..... they are going for very good money. And mine is like new... never been OCd and very little use. People upgrade all the time.

I bought a second hand q6600 a long time ago and never had a problem.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Medtner wrote:Yeah, actually, A2A could bring us a present. They could post a teaser screenshot, or something cryptic like when they teased the Connie. Remember those long months of speculation and deep analysis of that single screenshot?

So, A2A, give us a present, if nothing else a screenshot of a rivet or another small detail of the upcoming Accusim-plane! :-D
Lol..... spending xmas staring at a screenshot of a rivet !

.....and I thought MY xmas was going to be dull !

On a serious note, have you tried the freeware Airports of Norway ? Wondering if they may complement FTX Norway and the few airports of theirs that I have.

I love Mozart by the way. And, my dad is involved with the Lyndsay String Quartet..... random comment !

I will be listening to his brilliance as I test out FTX Innsbruck over Xmas.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Gabe777 wrote:
Medtner wrote:Yeah, actually, A2A could bring us a present. They could post a teaser screenshot, or something cryptic like when they teased the Connie. Remember those long months of speculation and deep analysis of that single screenshot?

Lol..... spending xmas staring at a screenshot of a rivet !

.....and I thought MY xmas was going to be dull !

On a serious note, have you tried the freeware Airports of Norway ? Wondering if they may complement FTX Norway and the few airports of theirs that I have.

I love Mozart by the way. And, my dad is involved with the Lyndsay String Quartet..... random comment !

I will be listening to his brilliance as I test out FTX Innsbruck over Xmas.
The freeware packages Airports of Norway (AoN) and the other package (Norway GA, or something) are both fantastic. I never fly in Norway without them. They are so good that they could almost be payware. Be sure to get the photoscenery parts too - they really become excellent then! :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

..... good to know, thanks.

Do you knoe if they work well with OrbX ?

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”