Keeping hours between P3D V3 and V4.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
ResidentEVO
Airman

Keeping hours between P3D V3 and V4.

Post by ResidentEVO »

Obviously going to upgrade to V4 today, but I'd like to keep all my A2A hours from my planes... is this possible?

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Re: Keeping hours between P3D V3 and V4.

Post by shortspecialbus »

ResidentEVO wrote:Obviously going to upgrade to V4 today, but I'd like to keep all my A2A hours from my planes... is this possible?
As far as I know, that info is stored in your Documents folder with the Accusim info, so I'd think it should transfer with zero work on your part if you don't delete it.

-stefan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the dat files you will be able to move across ok.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

FWIW, that even works between FSX and P3D. I built some airframe hours on FSX, then flew the same plane in P3D, then again in FSX (to an airport I didn't have in P3D) and all the airframe hours accrued.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

You don't even have to swap the files back and forth? They are all just running out of the same folders? That is awesome if that is the case. The bigger question is when you installed the P3D planes over the FSX planes did it over write all the .dat files? Or does it somehow detect that and spare them? I am making a backup either way before I do anything regarding installing v4. All my computer parts will be here today at least.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

I don't recall doing anything special at all. I bought FSX licences for the GA birds, then bought them again later for P3D Pro for the Pipers and the 182 (I know what you're thinking, and you're right), simply installed into P3D, went to the hanger and there were the hours.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”