Paintkit for 190D?

The most advanced WWII propellor-driven fighter
new reply
ICDP
BDG & A2A

Paintkit for 190D?

Post by ICDP »

Please release an official paintkit for the Long nose Doras and Ta152's.

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

I appreciate the shockwave guys are busy with the new WWII Fighters pack but is there no news on an official paintkit for the 190's and Ta152's? IMHO the standard skins included with the Focke Wulf range are well below the usual shockwave standard. They are quite poor standard if I must be honest.

alastairmonk
Airman First Class

Post by alastairmonk »

Hi ICDP,

In what way are the Fw-190s "skins" sub-standard ? I know they're mostly less colourful than the US fighters, but (a) the German fighters were never as colourful (except in the early war years) and (b) in the last years of the War the Luftwaffe were more interested in trying to keep the aircraft flying than in keeping them "smart" so consequently they often looked rather tatty.

Check out some of the Doras - some still show primer on the underwings.

Having said that, I'd certainly be interested in seeing some of the numerous "Defence of the Realm" experimental liveries from 1945.

http://fw190.hobbyvista.com/profiles.htm

http://www.rlm.at/start_e.htm?cont/profil07_e.htm&1

http://hem.passagen.se/galland/dora301.html

Alastair

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

Hi Alastairmonk,

When you compare the Fw190 skins to the He219 or P47 skins you will see how they are not of the same standard, hence my use of the term sub-standard. The Fw190D9 was the release prior to the He219 UHU after the P47 and the skin quality is vastly inferior to both IMHO. Why the drop in standard for the Fw190's? If shockwave were to release a template for usermade skins it would allow 3rd part painters to release improved versions.

Unfortunately there has been no official templates released by shockwave. Strange that the P51 and P47 got official paintkits but the Fw190's didn't.

alastairmonk
Airman First Class

Post by alastairmonk »

Hi !

I understand your position, but you still don't explain HOW they're sub-standard ? Could you explain what about them makes the liveries less good ? Are the colours or camouflage patterns innaccurate ?

I'm afraid stating that it is so without backing up your position with details doesn't really help. I'm sure Scott etc. would like some detailed feedback so that things can be improved if necessary.

I agree that they are mostly rather dull/boring to look at but they do look accurate to me. Compared to the earlier Me-109Es the Fw-190s were more subdued.

Alastair

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

By substandard I mean the resolution is only 1024x1024 for the entire skin. The P47 and the He219 have multiple texutres of the same resolution, ie there are different textures for wings fuselage etc.

I am in the process of making my own template for the Fw190D but it is limited since it is only 1024x1024 which makes the detail lower than on the P47 (which has an official template). So by shockwaves own standards previously set by the P47 the Fw190D9 is "substandard". It is accurate (apart from some minor mapping issues) but just not very detailed.

K.M.
A2A Major

Post by K.M. »

I made both Fw190 and P-47 so it official reason of differences with textures standart. Fw190D is smaller than P-47 and it is main reason for usage one 1024x1024 texture for external model. P-47 is too big for this resolution.

about painkit :
reason is very simple P-51 and P-47 textures was build with using paintkits and it was used for official paintkit. Both Fw190 sets was build without typical paintkit ( each version has own modification of base set) so there is no paintkit for it. Base set not fit any version at all.

K.

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf "Long Nose"”