MW50 and GM1 Injection Time

The most advanced WWII propellor-driven fighter
new reply
kubanskiloewe
Airman

MW50 and GM1 Injection Time

Post by kubanskiloewe »

the TA152H had MW50 for 3x10min with a pause from 5min between.
This could be used below the critical altitude. Above this MW50 was useless and the Pilot had to inject with GM1. This could be used without interrupt since the GM1 Tank was empty; depending on Powersetting too.
For the 190D9 there was also 3x10min MW50 available.

I noticed that we only can activate MW50/GM1 for a few minutes and than no more and only in the 2D Cockpit view.

Also I noticed that the topspeeds aren´t correct in the different altitudes.
in 5500m f.e. i´ve no problem to get over 700km/h whereas in 13000 it´s hard to gain the stated 740km/h.

SD_Research
A2A Major

Re: MW50 and GM1 Injection Time

Post by SD_Research »

kubanskiloewe wrote:the TA152H had MW50 for 3x10min with a pause from 5min between.
This could be used below the critical altitude. Above this MW50 was useless and the Pilot had to inject with GM1. This could be used without interrupt since the GM1 Tank was empty; depending on Powersetting too.
For the 190D9 there was also 3x10min MW50 available.

I noticed that we only can activate MW50/GM1 for a few minutes and than no more and only in the 2D Cockpit view.

Also I noticed that the topspeeds aren´t correct in the different altitudes.
in 5500m f.e. i´ve no problem to get over 700km/h whereas in 13000 it´s hard to gain the stated 740km/h.
The airspeed indicator does not seem to be functioning properly in our testing, but at 41,000 feet we show 700 kph true airspeed. You cannot get more than 5 minutes of WEP from Flight Simulator, the other option is to set the power up so emergency power is available all the time in unlimited amounts which would also not be realistic, so we chose to use the WEP option. Not sure why we can't get the 740 kph but we will look into it. The speeds are not going to be the same as the real aircraft at all altitudes be cause of limitation in the engine simulation in FS9, our goal was to get the sea level and max altitude speeds correct. In between speeds will vary from the actual plane to some extent.

SD_Research
A2A Major

Post by SD_Research »

We retested and as it turns out, the weather had apparently been set to create some icing that caused a problem with the airspeed indicator.

We found no problems with the performance in our testing, here are the results:

Altitude: 41,000 feet (12,500 meters)
Fuel: Center2 (rear fuselage) tank empty, all other tanks full
Top speed, normal power (full throttle/3200 RPM): 700 kph TAS
Top speed, WEP power: 751 kph TAS

With all tanks full you will lose about 4-5 kph or 3 knots.

When you do this testing make sure the airplane is stabilized and that all weather has been cleared to standard temperature and pressure so you have NO wind, NO icing, NO temperature, and NO atmospheric pressure variation from standard. That is done by clearing all weather. Then allow the plane to accelerate to top speed with NORMAL power (full throttle/3200 RPM but with MW50 turned OFF). You can use time compression if desired, 4x is about max without sucking too much fuel. Once the speed is completely stabilized, set the time compression back to 1x and engage MW50. This can be engaged from the VC by using the popup electrical panel in VC view, press Shift-6.

You should get the same speeds we got. :wink:

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf "Long Nose"”