A problem with the FW long noise.

The most advanced WWII propellor-driven fighter
Kelm
Airman

A problem with the FW long noise.

Post by Kelm »

Hi,

Since i bought this new FW, i made two flight with this long noise (really succeeded like the others shockwave products), and after 30-45 minutes of flight, i am each time confronted with a CTD.

I have no problem, with my other addon, like yesterday i can made a flight between LFPG and LEMD without any prob with the PMDG 747 addon, in similar conditions, cad with ASV6 etc...(its just an exemple).
I have also the P-51 and the FW-190 Butcher Bird, and i have never meet this problem.

I would just know, if other users have met a similar prob with this plane, or if it's just a prob between this plane and my FS/PC config.

By the way, that does not have any report, but did shockwave think to propose Wings of Power addon by dowload like Firepower, that i see on simmarket ?

PS: Sorry for my english which is not very good.

dj51d
Senior Airman

Post by dj51d »

Are you having problems with a specific model? I have flown the Ta-152H for over an hour at a time with no problems.
Dan Johnson

Kelm
Airman

Post by Kelm »

I made my last flight with a Ta-152C, but to be honest, i think that it's more a prob with my FS settings and this plane, that a specific prob with a particular model of the LN, or this product. But thanks for your answer, i will try to find a solution for this.

Kelm
Airman

Post by Kelm »

Hi,

Sorry to add a new post to this topic... But again i have a nice CTD to windows with this plane, always after 30 or 45 mn of flight. Take off from KSEA, low climbing to 30.000 feet, nice weather with ASV6, and return to windows. BTW the CTD was quick, no hard disk access, black screen and welcome to the desk.

Like i tell in my previous post, i have not this problem with other planes. I can make long flight with same FS settings with other WOV planes, and also can make any long/very long liners flight without any CTD.

To be honest, i really can't understand that. I am a little disappointed, more especially as this plane is really succeeded.
In hope for a futur patch which will correct this, but like apparently i'am alone in this case...

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Kelm,

The big problem here is being able to reproduce this issue. is there anything you do for this to happen or does it just happen w/o any input from you?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Kelm
Airman

Post by Kelm »

I did not make anything unusual during a flight. I stay on FS, and i dont use alt-tab for returning to windows. I fly mainly with the VC, and use the 2D cockpit only for settings the nav panels by exemple or others things.
When I can, I stay in external view to look at the landscape, and incidentally to admire the LN modeling. Maybe the only thing i make, is to always fly with ASV6, but like i don't have any problem with him and other planes, i don't think that it was a relationship between the two.

I understand that it's difficult to you to reproduce this issue, and it's why I have asked in my first post if others user have met similar problem.

PS: however thank you for your assistance.

WWFII
Airman First Class

Post by WWFII »

Well, does it crash when you don't have Active Sky activated? I don't use Active Sky, so I can't comment. I would, at least, try to disable Active Sky and see what happens.

Kelm
Airman

Post by Kelm »

I have not try this (like i always use ASV), but i think that tomorrow i will make an another flight without it. Maybe it's the solution. After that i will report the results here.

Thanks for your idea.

Kelm
Airman

Post by Kelm »

Hi,

Today i made another flight with the LN; this time without ASV6, and with ATI drivers 5.9. (I was with 6.10 yesterday, but it seems that they are not very friend with BoB2 WoV, but it's not the subject).

I was able to fly a much longer time, like i try to made the same flight that yesterday. But in the end, i still met the black screen, and a return to windows.

By curiosity, i open the windows error screen, and i show that the file g2d.dll was (If I remember well) the CTD's cause.

Just a last precision, I have nothing against Shockwave, like I use and like several of their other products, Firepower, BoB2, and also their planes for FS2004. If I post here it is only in hope to have some help with that, and not for other things. I understand that it's certainly really difficult for them to be able to reproduce each issue reported by users, for trying to help them after that. Well for this LN, I Believe that I'am really not lucky with him...

alastairmonk
Airman First Class

Post by alastairmonk »

Hi Kelm,

I'm no expert by any means, but a regular G2D.dll error suggests a problem with the drivers. Have you tried any others than the ones you mentioned ?

Alastair

Kelm
Airman

Post by Kelm »

G2D.dll is a file in the modules folder from FS, so i dont think their is a relationship between them. BTW I tested both 5.13 and 5.9 ATI drivers, with same results. Others drivers are up to date.
Thanks anyway for your help.

Kelm
Airman

Post by Kelm »

A last post, just for the pleasure.

Take off from KSEA, nice VFR flight to CYLW, at 20 miles from the arrival, with 68% fuel remaining, I finished finally my flight under windows...with again this black screen.

Yesterday i made a flight with a PSS A320, KJFK to KMIA, same settings for FS with no prob. It's just this plane which never allow me to finish a flight. Same if this plane is really succeeded, I believe that I will forget it definitively.

PS: I updated it with the new update.

Krazy
Airman

Post by Krazy »

Are you sure its not your video card overheating or even CPU fan clogged with dust maybe? Seems like something that would occur after a bit of extensive use?

Kelm
Airman

Post by Kelm »

No, because i have not any other prob with FS, i can make long flight without any CTD IFR or VFR, and also with oter WoV planes.
I can also play with other games like IL2, HL2 by exemple without any problems.

kramer
Airman Basic

Post by kramer »

Kelm, Hi this is kramer. I too had a lot of crashes and a lot of blue screens also but it was with the XP72 version in the P47 plane set. I switched the ram in my machine with another stick of ram in my other machine and the problem went away. I would suggest you try to re-seat your ram or swap the dimm slots if possible. Just a thought as it might be your problem as well.... hope that helps.
Help Meee SPOCk...Heeelp meee Spock

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf "Long Nose"”