Loading 3rd party Mission files after FirePower install.

FirePower for Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3
new reply
icutler
Airman

Loading 3rd party Mission files after FirePower install.

Post by icutler »

Have some great old multi-mission/campaign files from the Simviation site, but he installation wizard only installs about half of the files in the 'Mission' menu tab, yet the files are in the 'Missions' folder. Have had success installing Mission , W/X & Spawn files one by one for small mission packs. Have just installed new FirePower. Any clues on getting the rest of the new 3rd Party missions working? The ones that are visible in the Mission tab work fine. Directory problem/stting post FirePower????Help!

Pat_Pattle
BDG

Re: Loading 3rd party Mission files after FirePower install.

Post by Pat_Pattle »

As long as the new mission files reside within the three cfs3 folders - Historic. training and What-if then there shouldn't be a problem.

Have you checked that you haven't doubled-up on the folders (ie. folders within folders) Which is the only thing I can think of.

Cheers,

Pat

icutler
Airman

Post by icutler »

sorry...finger trouble!the GP files on 5th load suddenly turned into Adobe format and were corrupted when arrived on the net. Installed some before I realised what happened. Now lost bomb drop impact explosion sound. Sad.

Maybe I should email some authors and see if they would mail me a disc if I reimburse them. Wary of downloads.

Is the fix when I get my Firepower backup disc to simply scrap the whole lot and rebuild the system from scratch: CFS3, Firepower then updates; or can I attempt a repair now with the CFS3 leaving Firepower installed? Viz: is it as simple as :the CFS3 repair function will work and leave all your other stuff alone, or is the repair dedicated to standard Microsoft build only?

Thanks. I'm a newbe at managing these SWR mods.; but love CFS3 absolutely. Old worn out flt. instructor: these are better tools than we had in GA aircraft fixed and moving base simulators! Closest thing you can do without actually dying!

Cheers mate

Pat_Pattle
BDG

Post by Pat_Pattle »

Without knowing exactly what's happened I'd say it would be best to uninstall the lot and start again. A pain I know but it's probably best in the long run!

Then register yourself at the Sim Outhouse cfs3 forums this is the best place for advice and downloads. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/f ... ay.php?f=7 A very friendly bunch they are too.

There's no need to be wary of downloads if they come from bona fide sites such as SoH & Simviation. The files there have been used thousands of times without problems.

icutler
Airman

Post by icutler »

Thankyou very much Pat. Will do. Just Adobe reader started turning up uninvited on dwn load files! A learning experience. Have had trouble logging to outhouse, but will retry. (maybe its just me !)

Regards
Ian Cutler

new reply

Return to “FirePower General Discussion”