OFF flyer wants to instal Firepower, advice please

FirePower for Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3
new reply
Bigfish
Airman First Class

OFF flyer wants to instal Firepower, advice please

Post by Bigfish »

I know this question has been asked before but I wasn't quite sure about the answer; could any kind person spell it out for me slowly and carefully? I installed CSF3 (and patches) in order to fly OFF. Fabulous game, runs beautifully. It's dawned on me that as I have CSF3 installed, I could fly other CSF3-based games! Firepower looks like good stuff, and anyway it would be nice to give a bit back to A2A simulations for their immense BoB2 contribution.

So my question is, can I just install Firepower and everything will be fine, or do I need to do some fancy footwork in order to avoid messing up my OFF installation, And if I do, what exactly would I need to do?

Many thanks to any of you guys who can help with this.
Intel Core2 E8400 (o/c to 3.9 Ghz), MSI P35Neo2, 2GB DDR2-800 Crucial Ballistix, Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic, SB Audigy, Direct X 9.0c, XP SP3, TM Cougar + U2nxt, TM Elite pedals, TrackIR 4 Pro+TIR 5.0b s/ware, Iiyama PLB2409HDS-B 24" monitor.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: OFF flyer wants to instal Firepower, advice please

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Bigfish,

Best place to ask would be the OFF forums really. Our install goes right ontop of a CFS3 install changing and adding all manner of stuff, effects, aircraft, missions.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Bigfish
Airman First Class

Re: OFF flyer wants to instal Firepower, advice please

Post by Bigfish »

Thanks Lewis, good idea and I'll do that. I guess I need a fresh instal of CSF3 which stays completely separate. If I get anything useful from the lovely people on the OFF Forum, I'll post that back here. But if in the mean time anyone has experience to contribute here, that would be appreciated.
Intel Core2 E8400 (o/c to 3.9 Ghz), MSI P35Neo2, 2GB DDR2-800 Crucial Ballistix, Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic, SB Audigy, Direct X 9.0c, XP SP3, TM Cougar + U2nxt, TM Elite pedals, TrackIR 4 Pro+TIR 5.0b s/ware, Iiyama PLB2409HDS-B 24" monitor.

new reply

Return to “FirePower General Discussion”