Lost engine sound in bombers

FirePower for Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3
new reply
btasm
Airman Basic

Lost engine sound in bombers

Post by btasm »

I've noticed that the engine sounds in a couple of FP bombers (B-17, B-29) disappear under certain circumstances. That is, above (approximately) 15,000 feet and after warping. The aircraft still function, the propellers are active, but no sound. Sometimes the sound returns, but usually not.

Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

hello btasm sorry for the delay must have missed this in forum alerts.

Ive never heard of this trouble but if it is a bug it sounds like it could be a general CFS3 bug, as all the FP aircraft are built the same way as the defaults following SDK rules.

For troubleshooting CFS3 problems in general I personally recommend the CFS3 forums at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/

Theres still an active CFS3 community there who fly Firepower plus many many other mods and there are a happy helpful bunch that I use myself whenever I come across the odd question.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Winston
Airman Basic

Re: Lost engine sound in bombers

Post by Winston »

When you use warp, you may pop out of it at a high enough altitude to require a mixture adjustment. This is why it's hard to hear the engines; they're not running well (too rich). Just lean your mixtures and hear the sound return as the engines come back to power.

new reply

Return to “FirePower General Discussion”