Supercharger

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
Debowing

Supercharger

Post by Debowing »

dear shockwave - i just can't seem to be able to increase the supercharger and it remains at around 37-39 %. What should i do? My p-47 feels very sluggish....is this taken care of by the update??

And also:

Where do I go to buy the B24?????

8) (happy FW190 and He219 user...)

George

SD_Research
A2A Major

Re: Supercharger

Post by SD_Research »

Debowing wrote:dear shockwave - i just can't seem to be able to increase the supercharger and it remains at around 37-39 %. What should i do? My p-47 feels very sluggish....is this taken care of by the update??

And also:

George
Don't really understand the question. The Jug has a turbocharger, do you mean 39" of boost? There is no percentage gage on the panel. The Jug is a sluggish plane. Review your gages more carefully, it is unlikely there is any problem.

Debowing

Post by Debowing »

yes i mean actually the boost. I can't seem to be able to increase the boost above 39 inches. It is the handle with a B on it.

George

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

As far as I know at this time the B-24 is not a stand alone downloadable product. You have to buy the boxed bombers and jets package to get it.
Snuffy

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Debowing wrote:yes i mean actually the boost. I can't seem to be able to increase the boost above 39 inches. It is the handle with a B on it.

George
... above 39 percent, dear Debowing.
Check the boost inches on the manifold pressure gauge.

This lever simulates the behaviour of a real thing. The supercharger isn't fully possible within the FS2004 simulation so we decided to make it like that: the lever moves by itself, you can't operate it. Get to higher altitude and you will see the lever move further than the 39 percent.

If you want more details, ask SD_Research.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Debowing

Post by Debowing »

yes that is it!

I was just lumbering along above the trees....I must go high. :lol:

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Supercharger is for craming thiner than standard air into a standard air carburation system.
Snuffy

SD_Research
A2A Major

Re: Supercharger

Post by SD_Research »

Debowing wrote:dear shockwave - i just can't seem to be able to increase the supercharger and it remains at around 37-39 %. What should i do? My p-47 feels very sluggish....is this taken care of by the update??

And also:

George
Sorry, did not quite get what you were asking at first.

Don't worry about where the turbo lever is, it will move automatically to the correct setting. The manifold pressure gage is the only thing you need to be concerned with. The turbocharger lever will automatically track to the place where the pilot would have had to move it, but as FS does not provide manual control we set it up this way. You should be getting 52 inches of boost at sea level to about 30,000 feet. However the turbocharger lever will only need to be partially open at sea lever, while at 30,000 feet it will be all the way forward. In fact you can overspeed the turbo if you climb too high and don't throttle back, try it sometime, watch the turbo light and it will go solid. Cool stuff.

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”