Suggestion for the update

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
CWD
Senior Airman

Suggestion for the update

Post by CWD »

I'm sure you Shockwave people are sick of me by now, but I have a suggestion to make for the P-47 update:

In addition to tweaking the wing (already planned), take a look at the size of the cockpit windscreen and canopy on the bubbletop models. Comparing screenshots to photos and plastic models, the windscreen and canopy look substantially, inaccurately oversized to me, partially ruining the sense of size one gets from looking at the gigantic Jug.

Just a thought.

HAROLD SCHECKEL JR
Airman First Class

P-47 bubble canopy

Post by HAROLD SCHECKEL JR »

You are absolutely right about that, mainly it's too wide. There are just too many fotos out there to think anything else. Interstingly IL-2's P-47 has the same problem. I would like to add this to my collection but am waiting for a patch to fix this.
They fixed most of the P-51 problems so there is still hope.
In the meantime I fly the Simouthouse one by Knopy Kohler, he's got it just about right.
Harold

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Just to straighten things up, I think that for many users, as it is for me, what IS important are cockpit accuracy, gauges smoothness and flight modeling. I dunno about the SOH aircraft but I know that the WoP has got'em all. And thats why I fly her, from the inside :lol: !
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We fixed the wing already on all models. The problem with the P47 pack is also it's strength, and that there are so many models, and if there is a slight change needed, it needs to be applied across the board on all models. I cannot say one way or another if we can look into and fix the canopy sizing or not at this point, simply because of the existing deadlines we are committed too at present. We're in a crunch at the moment. Once this crunch has passed, we can then see where things are at.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”