Pitch Trim

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
Yoda
Airman First Class

Pitch Trim

Post by Yoda »

Let me start by saying how fantastic this airplane really is. As it happened, the first time I started her engine, the volume was turned up, and...well...I fell in love. After a couple passes at my home field, I took "Mrs. K" out from San Diego to Phoenix. Very, very sweet. (My landing last night got exciting when I forgot to unlock the tailwheel before starting my approach.)

I've been simming for 22 years (since my Commodore 64), and do beta testing for a couple other developers, so I've got some experience...I say this because I don't want my next couple of questions to be taken out of context.

First, even with the settings as recommended in the manual (is there any other way than those settings, for ANY airplane, anyway?) I'm finding it hard to trim pitch for hands-off flying. (I'm using a full suite of CH controls: stick, rudder and throttle quadrant.)

Second, is there a way to start with a full load of oxygen? At startup, mine reads a shade under 70%, and I'm concerned about not having enough air for a long range flight.

Great job...fantastic airplane...

Best Regards,
Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”